Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best way to sell my Genesis Alptitude
  • faz083
    Free Member

Hi

I have a Genesis Alpitude (my only mountain bike) which never gets ridden. Haven’t used it since last March. So I think it needs to go. I love looking at it, and loved riding it, but road riding has taken over.

I don’t know whether it’s best to split it down now and sell it for parts or whether to sell it as a bike. Is 26″ even cool any more? I feel like I’m out the mountain bike game…

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on total bike price and perhaps individual prices (roughly?)

The spec is
    Sunline V1 bars
    some no brand stem
    deore xt shifters
    deore xt chainset
    renthal 36 tooth chainring
    e36 BB mount chain guide
    deore xt rear derailleur
    Stans ZTR flow / hope pro 2 evo rear wheel
    stans ZTR flow ex / hope pro 2 evo front wheel
    nobby nic evo tyres 26×2.3
    USE atom carbon seatpost (not in pic)
    specialized romin comp saddle
    deore XT trail pedals
    ODI ruffian grips (lock on)
    Formula RX brakes (with gold detail)
    fox 32 140 fit rlc (I think) kashima forks (now with blue decals)
    Genesis Alpitude frame (medium condition) 18″ 853 steel

Any help would be great, I feel bad selling it but a bike never ridden is pointless 🙁

thanks

oliverracing

Rorschach
    Free Member

You did’nt get the memo?
    I believe it’s called ‘native advertising’.

stu170
    Free Member

£150, and can you post it to me please?

flip456
    Free Member

£50 would be my offer, scrap value for obsolete wheel size.

rOcKeTdOg

Renton might do a swap? Fancy a XL Turner 5 spot?

stevied
    Free Member

njee to the forum please, that’s njee to the forum.

flip456
    Free Member

In all seriousness I would have a look on the for sale section/ eBay for rough values. Then compose your add, bung it on the classifieds and be prepared to drop your prices if it doesn’t sell, simple.
    I get the feeling a lot of folk are expecting dirt cheap 26″ kit atm so you might be disappointed at the 2 nd hand value of your frame,fork and wheels.
    Good luck in your sale and not getting too much flack for a currently sore topic 😉

faz083
    Free Member

no, not new here, posted loads over the years, so thanks for that. Didn’t realise the forum had gone downhill that much…

thanks anyway.. 🙄

Andy-R

I don’t know whether it’s best to split it down now and sell it for parts or whether to sell it as a bike. Is 26″ even cool any more? I feel like I’m out the mountain bike game…

Alpitudes are still way cool – I’ve got two of them (one here, one in that Greece)and I reckon they’re the dogs bollox.
    You’re probably best splitting if you want to get the best price as someone who would buy something like that (me, for example, although I have two and yours is too big…) would have their own ideas on componentry (I’d have to have Marzocchis, for instance)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sell my Genesis Alptitude’ is closed to new replies.