Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best way to do Glen Tilt
  • Kit
    Free Member

Anticlockwise (i.e. descend the Glen)? Or there and back? I think Kenny Wilson has it clockwise, which doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't looked at his route yet, and I may be confusing it with another!

All help appreciated (and needed!).

Ta, Kit

cakeeater
    Free Member

Ridden it both ways. Anti clockwise is most enjoyable. Great ride, highly recommend.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anticlockwise

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Anti-clockwise in Kenny Wilson's book. Anybody ridden it recently? Read I think in a post some time ago that there is no path from the ends of either of the Landrover tracks SW of Carn Liath to where it picks up again on the slope of Sron na h-Innearach. Which is the best way at the fork?

j_me
    Free Member

err anti-clockwise. Unless u fancy a bitch of a carry after fording the tilt.

Rode it last year paths are fine. Lost the path briefly on the SW of Carn Liath but not really an issue. Leave the land rover track @ 948 686 follow the path down and ford the stream……just hikey-bike to gain a couple of hundred feet up the hill, you'll soon pick up a track and as you contour round the path gets more defined (it is a definate path and quite nice single track wehn dry)

Dunno if it would be easier to take the track to shinigag and try and follow it round from there….doubt it.

But really the best way to do Glen Tilt is from the Linn of Dee but better do it sometime soon as all that nice naturalistic single track is slowly morphing into the manmade footpath complete with drainage gulleys

kitebikeski
    Free Member

From the Linn of Dee has got to be one of the best bits of single track going.
    Can't those ramblers leave anything alone??

ton

from the linn of dee to blair atholl

awesome ride. one of the best ever.

higgo
    Free Member

I've only done it once. From Inverey to Blair Atholl at the end of three days of excellent riding and laughs with some good mates.

awesome ride. one of the best ever. Bingo.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

On one of those 'mountain bikes' I've heard about, I would imagine.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Crash Gav and me did a Tour de Cairngorms earlier this year and had Braemar to Blair Atholl as our easy middle day. The middle section from the watershed was a joy. Totally rideable once you get your head round the drop on your left. Rare opportunity to follow a river from source to its end (confluence with the Garry) on a bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best way to do Glen Tilt’ is closed to new replies.