Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best thing I have done this year, take an impromptu day off!
  • maxray
    Free Member

Decided late in the day on Monday to take Tuesday off work, luckily they were fine with the short notice. Dropped the lad at the child minders and then battled through the M6 up to Cannock.

BEST THING EVER!!

Think I saw 3 bikes whilst I was there, trails were as perfect as the Cannock sand and stones can get.

Makes such a change to have some unrestricted time on the bike without having to squeeze it around family/work etc.

Would thoroughly recommend it. 😆

piemonster

Like, many likes

Drac

Nice.

Stoner
    Free Member

*is self employed*

But yeah, it’s nice to just drop and go isnt it 🙂

vinnyeh

Being able to do stuff without forward planning is one of life’s great pleasures. For just a while we can kid ourselves that we’re in control.
    Great day for it, too.

tomhoward

I did the same on Friday. Enjoyed it so much I’m doing it again this Friday (and every Friday while the weather holds)!

maxray
    Free Member

🙂 Yeah totally, the joy of not clock watching (and quiet trails).

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve just had a boss change.

My old one never saw me. I could not come in for a week and he wouldn’t know. If I emailed him to say I was working from home he would never reply so I’d just do it.

My new one is right on the ball and likes to keep in regular contact. While this is great from a development perspective (he’s introduced me to novel concepts like 121’s and training and mentoring – novel to me, I’ve always done these things with my staff), it restricts my extra-curricular activities somewhat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best thing I have done this year, take an impromptu day off!’ is closed to new replies.