Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best rear tyre to pair up with a 2.35 High roller on the front
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Ignitor
    Crossmark
    Larsen TT

Am running a 2.35 High roller on the rear at the moment, but just fancied something a tad faster on the rear for general trail work.

uplink
    Free Member

ADvantage 2.1

nuke

Advantage 2.25

hughjengin
    Free Member

Is an advantage a quick rolling tyre, I thought it was similar in its performance to the high roller, which is why I'd dismissed it.

mikey74
    Free Member

I didn't think the Advatage was a good tyre for winter use? From what I have heard, the Advantage doesn't grip as well as the HR.

slowrider
    Free Member

id suggest a minion f or a ignitor, both work pretty well on the rear and if you go for the lust version of the ignitor its a bit tougher in the sidewalls than a regular 2.35 single ply without any real weight penalty. last time i looked they had em at the same price as regular kevlar maxxis on crc.

but tbh neither roll significantly faster than a high roller IMO, i dont find high rollers slow though. crossmark and larsen are bound to be faster, probably not the time of year to be putting one on though!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Larson 2.35 60a they come up narrower than the HR but they roll well and I am very surprised how grippy mine is.

uplink
    Free Member

I like the ADvantage – similar behaviour to the HR just less of it & quite a bit faster rolling IMO

These tyre threads are always going to be very subjective & it's unlikely you'll ever get any conclusive info
    Any of the 3 you listed will do a good job as will the ADvantage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best rear tyre to pair up with a 2.35 High roller on the front’ is closed to new replies.