Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best place to stop for dinner immediately off the M4 on the way to Wales
  • tom84
    Free Member

LOL! Gonna try and leave london around 6 and would like to eat around 8 somewhere fun. I was thinking between Newbury and Swindon. But don’t know. Don’t want to waste much time.

Cheers guys!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Check the M4 traffic, I saw something on twitter about J12/13 closed both ways with air ambulance on its way.

soma_rich
    Free Member
    Duffer
    Free Member

If you can make it to Bristol there’s a lovely Chinese restaurant within 5 mins of the M5, here.

Not Bristol’s best, in my opinion, but really easy to get to from the M5.

tom84
    Free Member

Thanks guys! Will look up these and interested to see more

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.helenbrowningsorganic.co.uk/pub.html

Top spot, but you’d probably need to book. Tim (Landlord) is a ledge among ledges, and at least one of the regulars is a MTBer. Finished many a ride supping too many pints on the terrace out front! 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Was about to suggest the Bear in hungerford but a quick Google suggests it has changed a lot recently and not for the better.

The compass just north of the bath exit is good if you can last that long. Its close to the exit.

For somewhere a little different the truck stop at Chippenham is good and greasy. Technically truckers only but they’ve let us in.

CountZero

The compass just north of the bath exit is good if you can last that long. Its close to the exit.

Good call, not eaten there for a while, but always used to be good, and it’s very close to the junction.
    The Plough at the end of the A350 dual-carriageway from J17 into Chippenham is pretty good, easy to get to, and easy to get back to the M4 from as well. I can think of others, but they involve a bit of a drive from the M4, which is a bit daft.
    http://whatpub.com/pubs/WNW/12303/plough-kington-langley
    When you turn off, you can carry on a little further into Kington-St-Michael, the Jolly Huntsman has always been a really good pub, and still easy to get to:
    http://www.jollyhuntsman.com

Moses

There’s a very decent pub just S of the first Swindon turnoff, on the road to Marlborough. I can’t remember its name, but I’ve eaten well there a few times.

edit ** J15, the Plough at Badbury, only half a mile form the M4

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

The Hare at Lambourne Woodlands? A long time since I visited but was very very good back then? Off the M4 at the A338, turn right, then first left and a mile or so on from that on the left hand side?

shadowrider
    Free Member

If you can hold off for a bit longer, there is a Greggs at Leigh Delamere services.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best place to stop for dinner immediately off the M4 on the way to Wales’ is closed to new replies.