Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best place for Euros?
  • sc-xc

Off to France next week…the internet is confusing me

Cheers

slackalice
    Free Member

Inter-Cash on the high street.

Much less confusing and face the fact that you’re going to get the wrong end on any deal with exchange rates.

stratobiker
    Free Member

To buy them? Keep them?or spend them?
    Sorry, I’m not understanding your question.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Post office

nuke

Post Office + 1

peteimpreza

They have cashpoints in France.

salls
    Free Member

In terms of rates? This site basically compares rates for you, shows you the euro rate for each so just look for the best one! – http://www.money.co.uk/travel-money/best-high-street-exchange-rates.htm

Are you looking to buy online? Post office good but never bought online.

ICI Bank? http://www.icicibank.co.uk/personal/euros.html never heard of them but rate looks good.

https://www.thecurrencyclub.co.uk/money/ also looks good and free delivery!

Hope that’s helped, enjoy France!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

generally spend on the cards as carrying a whole trips worth of Euros seems a little foolish.
    Take out 2-3 days worth of cash for small things and the rest on the card.

camo16
    Free Member

Europe. They’ve got shed loads of them over there.

Northwind

I spent a little while looking at different places, before figuring out that it made a difference of pennies anyway, so I went with my own bank as it meant less fannying around setting up accounts etc.

jamiea
    Free Member

Another vote for Post Office, order online and pick them up at a branch that’s convenient.

EDIT, of course they may well have them in branch, last time we had to order Swiss Francs.

Cheers,
    Jamie

mrmoofo

Check with you debit cards if they levy a transaction fee for every transaction.
    Taking cash out with a UK debit card in Germany costs you around 3.50 GBP. So if you can live with that, that could be the easiest route.

Obviously, when you buy currency, you will also have to exchange it when you get back – whic costs and is a PITA. I have 160 GBP worth of roubles are the moment – I will have to wait until I am at Heathrow!

Do NOT cchange at airports: the exchnage rates are the louiest in the world. They were offering around 1 GBP : 1 Euro this morning ….

darryl1983
    Free Member

Recently went to Lanzarote myself opted for a prepayment card from CaxtonFX, No charges and the interest rate was better than anything i could get on the high street.

Really didn’t want to be carrying around a load of cash, so it worked pretty well.

Also it was pretty handy being able to log on to the Caxton website at the hotel and top up the card when we’d spent all our money on the first day booking activities for the rest of the week.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Try Thomas Exchange here

Beats any other deal.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best place for Euros?’ is closed to new replies.