Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • best deals on rockshox reverb 30.9mm 125mm?
  • mrbump
    Free Member

hi. im looking for a new rock shox reverb seatpost 30.9mm, 125mm travel and 350mm or 380mm length.does anyone know of any good deals?

Matt24k
    Free Member
    godzilla
    Free Member

You can get a 2012 for that money. eBay item Item #: 220859487107

winrya
    Free Member

Do you have to pay any taxes or duty on items from Israel as per the above eBay item?

godzilla
    Free Member

I sent them a mail they said they would send with a sub £40 invoice to avoid tax.

winrya
    Free Member

That should work but if it gets inspected I’d be paying another £50 on top which puts me off. Did they state delivery time scales?

godzilla
    Free Member

No, I have had loads of stuff from Israel with no problem and even more from America , I wouldn’t worry about it. Email the fella, he back to me pretty sharpish. Buying abroad is lots cheaper, just make sure you ask about low customs value.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Can recommend bike components.de, I finally bit the bullet and ordered one Sunday for £172 was here by Thursday.

Leku
    Free Member

Can recommend bike components.de, I finally bit the bullet and ordered one Sunday for £172 was here by Thursday.

+1

except mine arrived Wednesday pm.

mrbump
    Free Member

bike components de works out to £192 with post for the standard remote. i don’t want to take chances with import taxes from non EU countries. can anyone else top £192 posted?

Leku
    Free Member

Go for the match maker version. Its £20 cheaper and the matchmarker bracket bit just unscrews leaving you with a standard bracket.

mrbump
    Free Member

surely it won’t come with the bar mounting bracket though?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Can you get the 355mm 100mm travel version cheaper anywhere?

Leku
    Free Member

remote lockout has bracket for mounting it to the handlebars. There is a detachable bracket off that to which other stuff can be mounted.

Mine fitted straight to the handlebars between grips and brake lever. XT shifters. Hope Mono mini brakes.

showerman
    Free Member

just as a side issue if you have a problem with the post and you need to return it will the savings over buying in the uk be of benifit i have 2 dropper posts and both have been back and some point

ruscle
    Free Member

This has been answered a thousand times ffs, rockshox warranty is world wide and all you need to do is send it to the dedicated Sram service centre in the UK with a copy of receipt through your LBS. warranty is 2 years. All info is direct from the Sram service centre.

Gribs

That’s all well and good but why should your lbs want to go to the trouble of sending something back that you didn’t buy from them rather than just tell you to f off? I’d guess most people who are happy to buy stuff abroad don’t tend to put much business through their local shops, I know I don’t. However with the suspect reliability of dropper posts I’ve ordered a Giant one through my lbs as I want to be able to take it back when it breaks.

godzilla
    Free Member

When mine went i sent it to fisher on behalf of my lbs to save them any hassle, i even blagged them to send it back to me, if you buy a Reverb from your lbs it’s likely to cost £75 – £100 more than buying from abroad. brother in laws went today, i would be looking at a 2012 one if they where the same cash.

martinxyz
    Free Member

“That’s all well and good but why should your lbs want to go to the trouble of sending something back that you didn’t buy from them rather than just tell you to f off?”

+ 1 billion.

godzilla
    Free Member

Because that is the system, my lbs where totaly aware that this is how fishers system worked and where totaly fine with it. Call fisher and ask them, if the thing go’s tell you lbs fisher said to return it’s via them, if your lbs tells you to f-off, tell fisher they will sort it out, your not conning anyone or doing anything wrong the warranty is worldwide.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘best deals on rockshox reverb 30.9mm 125mm?’ is closed to new replies.