Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best conditions in the SW
  • themightymowgli
    Free Member

Hi,
    Have swung a few last minute days off and I’m going to do a mini road trip on my lonesome. I’m thinking Quantocks, exmoor and dartmoor. Mud is of no real concern but I would like to avoid the worst of the clagg/bogs.
    If its all just a sh1t pit I’ll amuse myself at the welsh centres but would rather not.
    So what’s it like out there?
    Thanks

themightymowgli
    Free Member

And any suggested routes around Dartmoor/exmoor would be good too

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

I’m just back from the quantocks, hada great time, not too much mud. We did weacombe Combe for the first time. Loads of fun. 🙂

Enjoy it.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Great news. The games start tomorrow in Holford

crispybacon
    Free Member

Got some GPX routes for Dartmoor if you want them & one on a word doc if you haven’t got a Garmin, email in profile.

What sort of mileage are you looking for?

themightymowgli
    Free Member

YGM. I’ll take the doc one for sure. Not to fussed on mileage. Use an iPhone mostly, don’t think GPX works with them

crispybacon
    Free Member

Thanks I hope you have a fun day on Dartmoor, if you haven’t already got OS map OL 28 covering Dartmoor then I’d recommend you do just in case you have to navigate off the moor.

stevede
    Free Member

Running well round lustleigh cleave, nutcracker, hound tor, bowermans etc today, bit boggy in a few places but all the descents were ace, run down from water to the river/bridge being the highlight 🙂

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Thank you. Had a few cracking rides. Could have stayed on the Quantocks for weeks but I’m really glad I took the drive down to princetown. The decent from Hessay to Burrator was lush they appear to have built the water bars with us in mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best conditions in the SW’ is closed to new replies.