Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best cheap light set up?
  • newro97
    Free Member

having a think about trying out night riding would like to get some lights but I haven’t got hundreds to spend! did see the thread about cheap lights today but its all a bit baffling!

so i have a gamma head torch would it be bright enough to use with a headlight? also what’s the best value headlight?

cheers for any help you can offer!

montylikesbeer

t6 xml

nothing comes close for the money, it a steal

robsoctane
    Free Member

go on ebay & search for cree torches. bigger power like 5 or 9w is good. Mine is 9w & 300 lumen so it’s quite good taped to my helmet. Only paid £6 from China but it took a few weeks to get here.

If anyone knows better value post it.

z1ppy

Have a quick scan of this

Rob, 900 Lumen P7 LED lights (500-600 in reality) have been available for the last few years & are much now better value than the std torchs your suggesting (torches were great a few years back, I have two). You might get that torch for £6, but you still need batteries, charger and a mounting, all this adds up to the price of a complete bike light as per Monty’s link – which is putting supposedly 1000/1200 lumens (obviously this is theoretical max, but there definitely brighter than the measured/confirmed 5-600 lumen of P7 LED’s).

XM-L LED units are this years bargains lights.

newro97
    Free Member

cheers guys just the kind of help i was after!

br
    Free Member

I’ve one of the ‘t6 xml’ lights – works as well as my far more expensive L&M HID.

Olly
    Free Member

ive got one of those

t6 xml: nothing comes close for the money, it a steal

its perfect. Paid about 50 quid all in, off deal extreme and have never wanted for anything more, or another one.

also, at that price, when i ruin the battery through not looking after it (keeping it correctly charged) or smash it in a crash, i wont cry, i’ll just buy another one 🙂

try THAT with a L&M!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best cheap light set up?’ is closed to new replies.