Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Best car interiors
  • DT78
    Free Member

Let’s say for cars with an achievable price tag.

rickmeister

Do you work for VAG and are on a survey mission ?

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t like Audis or the people who drive them, but the interiors are always pretty nice.

bensales
    Free Member

‘Best’ in terms of design/style, or in terms of fit and finish?

I love the Jaguar XF for understated elegant design, and quality of finish, and the ‘drama’ of the rotating vents and rising gear shift when you start it. And unlikely a lot of cars, they didn’t feel the need to festoon the dash with buttons for everything.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i owned an audi and the interior was lovely (i have never met loddrik, apparently he dosent like me!) now a BMW and the interior is also nice.

Most ‘premium’ cars these days are nice places to be in – if you like the feeling of being inside a piece of coal.

honeybadgerx

Whilst it’s not my cup of tea, my Mum has a Nissan Juke and that’s pretty funky. She had an RX-8 when they first came out and I remember that being pretty cool as well.

DezB
    Free Member

VAGs are dull as dishwater. My Passat interior is so dull I don’t like to think about it or I might fall asleep at the wheel.

BMWs and Alfas are nice

My old Saab was the best 🙂

chestrockwell

The new Audi TT is meant to be ace.

Not a huge Audi fan but agree that they’ve got interiors nailed in a solid and steady way. Better then VW.

Our 1 Series is pretty nice inside. Not spectacular but it’s well made.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t like Audis or the people who drive them

What an odd thing to say (or indeed even think).

I was once told that ‘all people that wear glasses are idiots’ and I took mine off and asked him if I was no longer an idiot, or indeed was it him that was one all along.

Your thinking fits the same level of stupidity.

Yes I drive an Audi (and wear glasses).

simonbowns
    Free Member

I’m slightly biased, but the Nissan Pao dash is ace. A good chunk of steel too, so easy to decorate with fridge magnets and the likes.

Click for Instagram shot

tenfoot

My current company car is a 1 series with red leather seats. A bit 1970’s Morris Marina, but I like it.

kimbers

dullest thread ever?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

For quality Audi or VW.For flair Alfa .

loddrik
    Free Member

Have owned quite a few Audis many years ago. I am indeed also probably an idiot. I bought an Audi. They were by and large shite to drive. And these were the ‘S’ models. Interiors were nice though.

Ha ha. If you want to stir up the hornets nest on STW, just declare that ‘AUDI DRIVERS ARE ****’. 😆

That’s half the forum probably.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

My wifes Fiat 500 dash is my favourite. It has the right balance between retro looks and modern function. I always smile when I get into it.

Contrast that with my C220 Coupe interior which has sports leather seats, gadget upon gadget and tbh I prefer small and funky to solid and expensive.

If only fiat could make a car that didn’t need gogogadget arms to set the seat distance correcty it would be even better

jamesfts
    Free Member

Please.

Seats, steering wheel, gear stick and pedals. Done.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Subjective, innit…

There’s this one, the most ergonomically perfect I’ve ever used.

Then there’s this. Surprisingly well bolted together, quality materials and a little latin charm. Note, no electric window switches in the roof and a driving position designed for the average Northern European human. Plus, it’s gorgeous

Then there’s this.

Designed ten years after the MK2 Golf’s shown above. Note that the steering wheel is offset in relation to the seat and pedals, guaranteeing back ache. In addition, the seats are made of sweaty velour, the steering wheel has all the tactile quality of a lavatory seat and the ventilation is asthmatic.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So many variables in the question.

I think VW have the best of the low end ie Ford/Vauxhall/Seat etc.

Ford Mondeo build quality up there with all.

BMW absolute best ergonomically, everything where it should be etc.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Never been a fan of VAG interiors very dull. BMW’s are better but the dash still looks like something from the 90’s.
    French cars tend to have nice interiors and good places to spend a lot of time but not so good materials unfortunately.
    Mercedes seem to have the best balance of design, comfort and build quality.

stox
    Free Member

Agree on the mk2 golf … Love those dashboards ..

Depends on your price tag and what kind of age but surely this

gravity-slave
    Free Member

fasthaggis

zilog6128

yeager2004
    Free Member

Of the more modern cars, the Alfa 159 is my favourite – just seemed a bit more interesting than the big slab of black plastic in my 3 series.

I’m not a fan of digital the dashes that seem to be increasingly common on new cars – much prefer analogue dials. Lots of new cars also no longer seem to even have a temperature gauge – guess that’s testimony to how reliable modern cars are. I used to be really envious of my mate’s Clio 16v that had an oil pressure and temperature gauges!

fasthaggis

yeager ..
    Ya all need to step up on the gauge quota 😉

cheshirecat
    Free Member

All subjective of course, but my favourite was my Saab 95. Big buttons (for use with gloves), fantastically tactile vents, dark panel button for night driving and the key where it should be – between the seats. Foldy out cupholder was awesome as well.

Edit: Just remembered that the speedometer wasn’t linear. Was linear up to 80mph or so (which was all you would ever use), and then compressed up to 140 or whatever – made it easier to read.

globalti
    Free Member

This: hose it down when it gets dirty, if anything breaks, buy second-hand spares dead cheap from broken/stolen Defenders:

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Maserati or Alfa for me. There’s something about a tan leather door card……

davedodd
    Free Member

My BMW is a nice place to be, but the build quality isn’t as good as expected. My previous Scirocco was put together better. Moving to a Golf next month, so hope that’s as solid as the Scirocco. I’ve always felt that VW; Audi and BMW all know how to lay out an interior brilliantly.

wwaswas

sc-xc

Gravity-slave…nice, but we allknow it won’t be complete without this:

Klunk
    Free Member
    Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Ya all need to step up on the gauge quota

I have a feeling some people aren’t taking this seriously 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

with an achievable price tag.

I’m ignoring this bit.

Daffy

The new 2016 Jag XF is a lovely place to be as is the F-type. I think the current XF is rather dull and hasn’t aged well.

New Porsche interiors are the best of the VAG group.

djglover
    Free Member

This was brilliant at the time, love it

satchm00
    Free Member

I like the low key look

DezB
    Free Member

Let’s say for cars with an achievable price tag.

Who missed that eh?!

matt_outandabout

That Saab – yes please. Just so nicely put together, and like the old Golf, amazingly well laid out ergonomically, all in reach and simple to understand.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Best car interiors’ is closed to new replies.