Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Best albums of 2013 so far.
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

It’s new…but also old (hence the title). Whatever…very good.

Mike-E

Edwyn Collins

sofaking
    Free Member

Depeche Mode – Delta Machine

johnj2000
    Free Member

Wonderful Glorious
    Bet the link doesn’t work so my vote is for Wonderful Glorious by The Eels. Seen them live twice this year and they played the album in its entirety, awesome.

vickypea
    Free Member

The Union- The World Is Yours

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

James Blake – Overgrown

Also very excited for Daft Punk.

funkmasterp

Clutch – Earth Rocker or the Coup – Sorry To Bother You

Mooly
    Free Member

Clutch seems to be storming it. Will have to wrap my lugholes around it.

funkmasterp

Listened to it about twenty times. If you are a fan, I’d say it’s in their top three albums along with Blast Tyrant and Pure Rock Fury / Robot Hive.

mikey74
    Free Member

Got tickets to see them at the Forum too 8)

funkmasterp

Hoping to see them at the Academy in Manchester again this year. Very underrated band and deserve more than the cult following they have. I can feel a Clutch appreciation thread coming on 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

I hope they don’t get any bigger, though, as the next step up is the Brixton Academy and I hate the Brixton Academy.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Jamie Liddel

Bonobo

Mogwai

Menahan Street Band

Beach House

Andrew Bird

Girl

FaltyDL

I’ve heard DJ Koze is going to be HUGEEEEEE

funkmasterp

Is the Liddel new one worth a spin then? Kinda went off him after Multiply, which was an awesome album IMO.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Debut album from Fossil Collective is lovely.

Songs are great but not sure about the band name though….

Mooly
    Free Member

Brixton Acadamy is amazing. Feel like your taking your life in other peoples hand. Have seen Orbital there a few times and the danger just adds to the experience.

mikey74
    Free Member

Brixton Acadamy is amazing. Feel like your taking your life in other peoples hand. Have seen Orbital there a few times and the danger just adds to the experience.

Nah!! Smaller venues are more dangerous. Ever been in a moshpit at the Underworld?

I’ve seen Alice in Chains and Mastodon in recent years at the Academy, and they were excellent gigs, but the size of the venue took something away. Not a patch on when I saw Mastodon at the Islington Academy on the Crack the Skye tour.

Mooly
    Free Member

Really? Have been in many a mosh pit including underworld, Prodigy , sex pitsols, Rage against… anon.
    Brixton acadamy is Raw.

ocrider

This thread lacks Flume. End of 2012, but who cares.

Anyone else get the feeling that the Daft Punk LP is going to be a let-down?

somafunk

Right at this precise time according to my most played tracks i’ve been listening to a lot of ” Public Service Broadcasting” , specifically signal (3rd track down) as it has recently became my biking “hooning it” track of the summer.

I also like Little Green Cars, The John Wayne is a cracker of a song

Kodaline – The Kodaline EP/Lose Your Mind is very reminiscent of Crispian Millls ala Kula Shaker and worthy of a listen.

Chvrches are just freakin brill, balls out summer shouty driving music and their live gigs are worth getting hot n’ sweaty for.

Imagine Dragons are another good band, Demons and Round & Round are especially good tracks

SOHN – The Wheel, you’ll either get it immediately or you’ll hate it , if you do get it the song will work it’s way under your skin and drive you delirious.

And finally we have the Album of the year even though it’s not officially released till monday, Karl Hyde’s – Edgeland….i’ve heard a few tracks as a mate has been doing remixes and from what i’ve heard it will be an amazing album, my mate is quite excited and for him to show outward signs of emotion is something special.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Thanks for whoever was suggesting the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Just listened to that on RDIO – very impressed…will start working my way thru some more of the suggestions here.

somafunk

Woohoo!, what a way to start the weekend, i’ve got my Karl Hyde – Edgeland release a few days early

mikey74
    Free Member

Prodigy , sex pitsols, Rage against… anon.

Erm, “moshpit” and those bands are a contradiction in terms :mrgreen:

twohats
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member

Listened to it about twenty times. If you are a fan, I’d say it’s in their top three albums along with Blast Tyrant and Pure Rock Fury / Robot Hive.

Somehow you’ve missed the S/T album of that list, the greatest record they’ve ever released!

funkmasterp

Twohats – My top three changes quite often 🙂 to be honest, I think all their albums are great.

crispo
    Free Member

Bastille – Bad Blood

Have had it on constant repeat since I got it!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Not mention for BMTH yet?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aibZNVqS4[/video]

eyerideit
    Free Member

Is the Liddel new one worth a spin then? Kinda went off him after Multiply, which was an awesome album IMO.

It’s definitely worth listen. It’s more ‘Princey’/ electronic / 80’s than Mulitply.

debaser

Thanks to this thread a few bits of vinyl arrived in the post today. A couple of this years recommendations and something to fill a glaring gap from the past.

clutch – Earth Rocker

Steve Mason – Monkey Minds In the Devil’s Time

Clutch – Blast Tyrant

Lots of other stuff worth perusing in the thread too. Hoping that Chvrches can pull off a decent album. Lauren Mayberry’s voice is fantastic. Just love this tune. Perfect elctro pop.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7kP98ty1g[/video]

I also fancy the Public Service Broadcasting record and I’m tempted by the Serafina Steer album after seeing her a year or so back, then there’s all of the other stuff to chuck into google/spotify/soundcloud and see what comes back. Great thread.

Also, we definitely need a Clutch appreciation thread 🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

Everything Everything – Arc
    Suuns – Images Du Futur
    Foals – Holy Fire

^^^^Also like that Chvrches tune ^^^^ 😀

seven
    Free Member

For me it eas this

They were probably also best gig of year to date. And cant see them being beaten on that front to be honest 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

The Low Highway by Steve Earle

DezB
    Free Member

Votes for The Knife have me a little puzzled. There’s some great tracks on there, but also some really really bad “experimental” shit that seems to have been made when they first bought synths!

zippykona

pootle
    Free Member

Saw John Grant on Jools Holland last weekend and decided to check out his album on Spotify – wow!

mikezer0
    Free Member

I’m really pleasantly surprised by some of the picks on this thread.

I’ll add:
    Pissed Jeans new one, Integrity’s new one – link – and the new deafhaven rekkid. http://pitchfork.com/advance/120-sunbather/

Also @Atomizer… please tell me your name is a reference to Big Black!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

If you like a bit of progressive metal check out Tesseract’s new Altered State, it’s amazing!

Swelper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSaDElz7wSI[/video]

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Just been listening to “Book of Hours” by Cloud Boat.
    Gets my vote.

Latest Concerts & Events

debaser

Seems silly to start another album of the year thread, so here’s a few more I reckon should go on the long list.

Carcass – Surgical Steel
    A breath of fresh putrefaction. Just what metal needs at the moment IMO. This is getting played a lot.

**** Buttons – Slow Focus
    Somehow sounds simultaneously threatening and uplifting. Listened to it recently while driving through the Highlands on the A832 in the middle of the night… the perfect parallel really.

Jon Hopkins – Immunity
    Picked this up after enjoying his superb collaboration with King Creosote. Didn’t really know what to expect, but have loved every moment of it.

Looking forward to the new Future of the Left album too, but have a whole month to wait for that.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Best albums of 2013 so far.’ is closed to new replies.