Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best 24" trail tyres?
  • martinhutch

Just got a new 24″ bike for the lass. Lovely in every respect, except the tyres are pretty slick and she was spinning out on mud and cobbles today around town.

So, what’s the best compromise between grip/speed and price which will have her overtaking her dad on the trails as well as ragging around the streets nearer home?

Saw these on CRC – much cheapness, but not too sure about the tread..any views?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24562

kayak23

I was going to say something like dmr moto diggers. Not brilliant in mud but I guess you’re a bit limited in 24″.
    The dmr used to be great on my 4x bike and urban too.

Jason
    Free Member

I fitted Rocket Rons on my son’s 24″ wheeled bike. I find they work in most conditions on my bike, and they seem good on his bike so far. I got mine fairly cheaply from Amazon.

Simon

I put Conti Explorers on my kids 24″wheeled bikes, couldn’t find much too choose from really without spending big money.

djflexure

Got the 24″ blackjacks on my daughters bike and not had any problems xc bimbling. Seem quite nice.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Kendas are good & cheapish on eBay !

matt_outandabout

Cheap Kenda ones here on all the kids bikes for winter.

reedspeed
    Free Member

No!,there’s some Kenda smokes they’re all black about £25/30 a pair,but they’d do a guess!.

qwerty
    Free Member

KENDA Small Block 8

martinhutch

Just pushed the button on a pair of Kenda Smokes – £21 posted with a couple of inner tubes chucked in. Thanks everyone.

reedspeed
    Free Member

That’s what I bought a pair with tubes! …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best 24" trail tyres?’ is closed to new replies.