Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bespoked – UK hand built bike show – who's coming? Plus spare 2 tickets.
  • tang
    Free Member

http://www.bespoked.cc
    Hope to see some of you at the velodrome! I’m working for the organiser and will be there from set up to set down. Looks to be a cracker. I’ve got a free ticket for Friday preview, and one for any day over the weekend.
    Have a feeling someone from here won the track session from the Mayhem strava comp, I’ll see you for sure!
    First requests here gets the tickets.

cookeaa

I might have been interested in going, If I’d been aware of it more than a week in advance…

cyclebiker

Got my ticket for Sunday, bit of a bummer it’s not in Bristol but looking forward to seeing the velodrome.

mucker

What a very generous offer, wish I lived nearby. I’d drop everything to get there.

woody74

Im coming on Saturday but haven’t got a ticket yet so can I take up the offer of a free ticket?

tang
    Free Member

Woody74 mail in profile, drop me a line and I’ll post it off today.

1-shed
    Free Member

Is their anyone going from Manchester and wants to share petrol money, Saturday or Sunday? Email in profile. Thanks 1 shed.

rOcKeTdOg

Going Saturday

I might have been interested in going, If I’d been aware of it more than a week in advance…

Booked last November iirc so hardly last minute advertising

Nipper99
    Free Member

Too far from West Wales to travel, loved it when it was in Bristol. Having to travel to London (for anything) is a real turn off.

mick_r

Hi Tang

Say hi to Phil for me (Mick from Ironworks frames). I’m not exhibiting this year – Mrs is doing an mtb triathlon which also allows me a rare play in Dalby, so will be at wrong end of country 🙁

Looks a really interesting lineup and quite sad to be missing it.

Very nice of you to offer the spare tickets – from swapping comments on here I actually emailled you last year to see if you’d like a spare free ticket to the 2013 show (heard nothing then checked too late to discover I’d typed your email wrong……)

pastcaring
    Free Member

Am I the only one pleased its in london? 20 minute pedal from mine.
    My friends are coming down from t north for the show, should be fun.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ nope I’m happy it’s there too. Just up the road from the Appt so I’ll be taking the foldie and wearing Rapha.

I went over to SpinLDN at Brick Lane the other weekend and everyone there was looking forward to Bespoked in London. I guess, if it’s been well advertised, you’ll get a lot of folks itching to see some exceptional bike builders/artisans.
    There will also be a lot of “normal” folk going over just because the park has been opened up, so you may get a lot of newly interest folk in there too.

I’m not going to compare Bristol with London for this show, but it’s nice it’s touring the country where lots of folks get the opportunity to view some exceptional bikes.

Can only be a good thing.

I’m there Saturday, I’ll be wearing a rose in my lapel for all those interested.. 😆

Blackhound

I am heading down on Friday. Meeting daughter in Stratford first and another guy for lunch. Hopefully have time for a look round in the afternoon.

Stoner
    Free Member

Not a fan of it leaving brizzle myself.
    Used to make a great weekend of it being only an hour away.
    I dont choose to go to London on my day’s off 🙁

ajantom

Another unfortunate example of everything eventually gravitating towards London and the SE.
    When all of the major bike shows are already held in London, why move this one there too?
    Why not move it to somewhere that is actually more accessible and central, say Birmingham?
    I enjoyed the last two years, but not enough to travel 4+ hours.

tang
    Free Member

Hi Mick, was hoping to see you this year(missed last year due to flu). Still got a Friday ticket going.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ll be there all weekend on the 18 BIkes stand. Heading down Thursday.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Bit miffed that it’s moved to London really, Gary has swiped my XC9 for his Curtis stand, I wanted to have a look at something from Demon for the road, alas not this year though

mick_r

I liked Bristol but can understand the move to London:-

Bristol venue not available
    Bristol venue getting a bit small
    Maybe more target customers with disposable income in London
    Arguably easier to get to by train (Bristol is an expensive slow faff by train from the north).

There is never going to be a venue that suits everybody……

tang
    Free Member

I think London has attracted more builders from the States. Chris King is coming with his frames and shiny bits.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m there Saturday, I’ll be wearing a rose in my lapel for all those interested.

I might wear my fancy sports coat then 😉

tang
    Free Member

Glasses, long hair(tied in a bun), specs, tall, dark and slim wearing a bespoked show tshirt! Say hi please.

shaggy

I’ll be there under the name of Automatic Cycles. Hopefully I’ll have something ready to show.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’d like to go, but travelling down is getting a bit costly now.

I enjoyed last year and it was still a trek to bristol.

Just finding bike shows a bit Meh now sadly. So will go ride my bike and look at the pics on sunday eve.

Blackhound

I understand Bristol was not available but it was a bit small because of its success somewhere else was needed. aybe it is par tof the Olympic legacy putting it on in Stratford but somewhere else would have been good.

I am still hopeful that it will move to Derby when the velodrome is finished this year. I can hope, but not holding my breath. This will at least unite the Northerners and Southerners who say it is to far away and not central enough!

paul78
    Free Member

Heading down on Friday to take a look and meet with friends.

The move from Bristol from London I think slightly favours me travelling from Newcastle .. then again its only once a year and its a pretty special show to gather up all the talent in one place so worth the trip.

We live in a relatively small country so nowhere is that far away 🙂

Blackhound, I fully support your hope for a Derby based show .. only because its closer not particularly because it would be in Derby 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked – UK hand built bike show – who's coming? Plus spare 2 tickets.’ is closed to new replies.