• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • berlingo help, low oil pressure and stop light
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Car seviced and oil changed 3k miles ago and all fine (petrol 1.6 btw)
    started this am and got the “stop” light nd “low oil pressure” on the dash dispkay with intermittent beep. When I accelerated away it stopped, happenedc on thed way home when started up aslso. Oil level looks fine when checked, no noises either. Then on a test run at loiw revs or down hill it does it, up hill or high revs its fine.

Any ideas?

windydave13
    Free Member

Oil pressure sensor?? Had similar with the temp sensor on my 307 HDI. The sensor was all over the place. Some days it worked others it didn’t.
    £3 part fixed it.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

It’s not a common issue on the dv6 engine I’ve seen it only a few times and it was a full stop size bit of grit has stuck in the oil pressure relief spring and bucket. It could be a faulty pressure sensor but again never seen.
    Do check for water in both the engine Ecu and in the PSF1 (fuse box under the bonnet)
    Let me know if you need any more ideas. Don’t drive until sorted because it will kill the turbo in days if it’s really low.

hora
    Free Member

(I mean this). Shit. I hope its cheap Rob 🙁

Same engine as mine? Agree dont drive it. Faulty sensor?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Its petrol, no turbo is there?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Shit rob sorry!!! Just re read the post!!! I thought I had read diesel!!!
    Ok easy fix and you owe me a beer!!!
    It needs a new oil filter!!! When you remove it the cross hatching in the middle will be broken and causing the oil pressure to drop. Get a new one fixed. Seen it loads and loads mega common with non gen oil filters

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Am I ok to drive it

tomtomr

I had exactly the same symptoms on my 1.6 petrol (although when turning left) shortly after doing an oil/filter change.

Turned out it was the connector for the oil sensor, which I think must have been disturbed when changing the filter. Unplugged, cleaned up connector and plugged back in and no problems since.

May not be the same thing with yours but possibly worth checking?

Tom

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

No rob if I’m right about the filter, the low oil pressure is genuine

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Chris was right 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Beers for chrisdiesel!

hora
    Free Member

How does chris know so much about Citroens…… :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘berlingo help, low oil pressure and stop light’ is closed to new replies.