Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Berlingo 1.6HD engine problem.
  • Ambrose

I was just driving along today and my engine cut out. AA duely arrived and the very very nice man plugged the laptop into my car. A fuel pressure problem was detected and then the code was cleared. No more flashing lights, no more messages. The guy was reticent about carrying on trying to fix the car due to the poor access to the sensor, so he followed me to my local garage.

Local garage plugged in another laptop thing and it printed out the code P0192: Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low. Local garage guy and AA guy chatting away, both seem to agree that replacing the sensor may work but also may not, it may be fine, just indicating another underlying fault. Both also seem to agree that it could just be ‘one of those things’ and will not recur. Car continues to run fine, so armed with a fault code reader I’m now home.

There seem to be a fair number of total strangers whom I’m happy to trust here on STW, so can anyone suggest any appropriate action/ cure/ work around?

Ta, Ambrose

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ve always waited for a fault to come up twice before taking any action as sometimes they do just appear for no reason. Do you mean you’ve bought a fault code reader? Can it clear faults as well?

Ambrose

Garage has lent me the reader for a while with instructions how to use it and then how to clear the fault.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wait for chrisdiesel to show. Hes the french diesel authority round he

Ambrose

A bit of research suggests that the fuel filter might be the problem. So I decided to ‘you tube’ for some more information.

I’m not sure if this bloke is to be trusted, it sounds like he might have inhaled some fumes…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo 1.6HD engine problem.’ is closed to new replies.