Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bent my frame – Now what?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Had a spectacular off last week after getting in a rut (dropping down from the windmills to Owd Betts for the Northern Monkeys)

Cleaning my bike this morning, it looks like I’ve bent my frame. The back tyre is very close to the drive side at the chainstay junction. I thought it was out of the dropouts; it isn’t. I considered it was the wheel and put another in; that’s not it.

If I drop the wheel out of the dropout very slightly it lines up sweetly; but I don’t want to ride it like that.

I can’t see any obvious deformation of tubes or dropout. So is it time to retire it and move on, or will a guru be able to align it somehow? It’s steel, by the way.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If you take it to a framebuilder they’ll probly put it on a jig & bend it back. Won’t be that far out.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, it’ll just need some precision leverage…

hels
    Free Member

Put your handbag down and whack it with a hammer ?

nbt

what frame? I killed an 853 inbred in this manner (although I have no idea how I bent it, I just know the chainstays are bent). If I can get it fixed I’d be interested

sobriety
    Free Member

As above, if it’s steel it can be bent more or less straight, if it’s any other material, it’s probably dead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bent my frame – Now what?’ is closed to new replies.