Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Beautiful day! I'm sacking myself…
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Well, the forecast for the south is generally wet, wet and more wet for the weekend, so I’ve just sacked myself for today.

I’m going to make the most of the clear blue-ness that is this morning and go riding! Woohoo!

I’ll be mainly riding in and out of QECP from about midday… Anyone else?

Have a fab day people! 😀

racefaceec90

well i’ll be riding my new road bike today (haven’t ridden it since january).mostly to go pay an installment on it,but will be doing a short pottering route also (just have to decide where to ride ❓

will be leaving the main roads as much as possible though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

QEP 4 me 2, woohoo

creedy
    Free Member

Was at qecp yesterday. I’d ignore the first part of the loop and drive up the hill. It was almost unridable. In fact two of the local riders told us that when we finished.

creedy
    Free Member

That said the two main descents were fun if a little slow

slackalice
    Free Member

Yep, not planning to spend too much time in the park, will head out to Chalton, Harting and back on SDW to hook onto the final descent methinks 🙂

Bike buoy, will I recognise you?!

creedy
    Free Member

Wise man! 🙂

binners

Make the most of it today folks. I’ve got tomorrow off for a weekend riding in the lakes. We booked it ages ago. So… Monsoons, blizzards, gale force winds, sheet ice and sub zero temperatures are to be expected 😥

asterix
    Free Member

just waiting for the frost to thaw before a quick road loop:-)

kimbers

well joblesstrackworld was quite pleasant today, very impressed with new trails at swinley

slackalice
    Free Member

Glad I didn’t ride in the park… Even my route outside it was soft to muddy to icy to snow drifts! Much fun and whilst Cyclemeter says I was 12 seconds slower than last week – where the going was good to soft, my legs felt ace on the last climb back up into QE to link up with the final descent.

Sorry to hear of your per-organised trip Binners, am sure it’ll be character building!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I went, tbh it wasnt much different to yesterday’s conditions, still a bit gloopyest and some of the red route near the A3 is.. well, it’s best left to dry out on its own.
    Again the South facing stuff is drying nicely, sun on it all day today so fingers crossed it’ll be hardpack by the weekend ( 😆 ) then again…
    Trouble with it is, in the main, that the trails are fine in most parts that get sun and wind on them, the others are just peaty boggy front tyre slippy rear spin outs. Now, now if you like that stuff it’s still rideable, I’m still hacking it although I did throw my toys out of the pram when for the 3 time climbing a long clay ascent I span out and disrupted my darn rhythm maaaan..
    I did see lots of either Chinese or Japanese MTBers there today, maybe 7-8 of them having fun in the sun, they were well chilled.

At the mo, if I can offer any advise is go early, it’s freezing overnight there at the mo so early will be best for getting around, leave it laters, say 11am when the suns on it and it’ll melt the mud on the covered bits turning it into gloop.

Of course, nothing that a decent set of Hans Dampfs couldn’t cope with..

Have fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Beautiful day! I'm sacking myself…’ is closed to new replies.