Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB30 with Eccentric BB for Singlespeeding?
  • BigJohn

A mate of mine is keen on a Litespeed Cohutta for use as a 29er singlespeed.

I looked at the spec sheets a few weeks back and they were saying the BB30 bottom bracket could carry an EBB and therefore would make a good SSer. Since then they seem to have changed the spec sheets and don’t say anything about EBBs even though the BB30 is still there. Even though they seem to say it’s a PF30 on one tech sheet.

Charlie the Bikemonger’s site seemed to be the only reference I could find for a Problem Solver EBB for a BB30 and they’re out of stock.

I’ll probably give him a call but has anybody else got any experiences on this?

tazzymtb

There is the roblem solvers and a team beer converter (beercomponents.com) as well. Both will act like a mini ebb so you wont be able to use every ratio but most will work. Usually a 32 or 33 18-19 seems to fit with these..

There was also rumour of phil wood ebb that would do it as well but not sure?

ds3000
    Free Member

Had a Beer components eccentric (which I had to return as it didn’t fit my CAAD10), it was very well engineered and appeared to be a high quality bit of kit.

They do BB30 and PF30 versions.

BigJohn

Charlie emailed me straight back and told me they were going to be back in stock on Monday.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got a Problem Solvers PF30 EBB.Used it for a couple of weeks in my Mamasita before I stuck gears on it and built another ss!.
    No issues ,no creaking and did’nt budge once.
    Still got the box/instuctions etc.Was £130…..yours for £50 posted.
    Emither in profile.

BigJohn

Interesting, but Charlie also recommended a Salsa Ti Mariachi frame – a snip at £1999, so matey boy might have some thinking to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB30 with Eccentric BB for Singlespeeding?’ is closed to new replies.