Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BB30 BB in threaded frame
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

This may be a silly question, but I have to ask anyway, is there anyway to fit a BB30 chainset in to a standard threaded frame?

cp

No

Nezbo
    Free Member

Thought so 🙁

Looks like I have One of these for sale then 🙁 or swop for a double none bb30 chainset

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Can’t you just return them?

njee20
    Free Member

This BB may work (not honestly sure), Claviculas have a 30mm axle, dunno if it’s the same spec as BB30 though.

Or… just send them back and get some more reliable cranks.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Na haven’t got them yet, they will be comming on my new bike and i’m changing it to a triple (I have my reasons so don’t want to start a double v triple debate 😉 )

So should get £350 for them (as new only fitted)

shaggy

You can fit some BB30 cranks to a threaded frame- it depends if the axle is long enough. Use a Rotor or E13 bb.

njee20
    Free Member

£350? Reckon you’ll be lucky! Can get XTR for that, with a warranty.

cp

Hang on, you have some bb30 cranks coming on a new bike? And you want to use a triple on the frame that came with bb30 cranks and therefore a bb30 shell? You can put ht2 style cranks on a bb30 frame. Or are you swapping the fsa bb30s onto another frame?

Nezbo
    Free Member

Cp -I am putting them on my old bike with threded BB…

Njee20 -true but these arnt XTR (not to sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing) I should beable to swop them some how 🙂

brant
    Free Member

BB386Evo makes all this simpler. I think. But that’s not BB30

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sorry it’s a pressfit 30 from one of these bikes

God know what a Pressfit 30 is, I guess it’s the same as bb30?

Nezbo
    Free Member

Still confused with this…

Will a FSA Pressfit30 chain-set work with a standard threaded BB shell (or what ever it’s called (whats on an On-One 456 frame))?

The bike said I can replace the BB to make it fit?

but I’m not convinced…

druidh
    Free Member

According to the blurb on CRC, those FSA cranks have a 24mm axle, which means they should therefore fit in a standard (Shimano) threaded BB?

Hi GW – * waves *

Dibbs
    Free Member

But the FSA website says it’s a 30mm axle (that’s why it’s called BB30) who would you rather believe CRC or FSA?

T1000
    Free Member

If its a bb30 chainset then you can fit it to a threaded bb shell

You need new cups from enduro or e13 (there mave be others?)

I’m running bb30 chainset from e13 in a salsa frame with a threaded bb shell

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BB30 BB in threaded frame’ is closed to new replies.