Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bars and stems
  • jedi

whats actually good out there. i fancy trying new as i currently use gravity but want to maybe try carbon

almightydutch
    Free Member

Renthal, Answer, Renthal alu would be my choice right now

What Renthal don’t know aint worth listening to

tomkerton
    Free Member

The new Renthal carbon Fatbar lite! It’s perfect for your needs!

honourablegeorge

Easton HAvoc Carbon is great, hae two, recently picked up an Enve 800 which is srupidly wide but I like it that wide and might keep it.

I’ve ridden the same uplifts on the same bike with carbon and alu bars, and definitely had fewer blisters and less hand pain with carbon. Worth the money for me.

jedi

i ride 680mm bars 🙂 flat to 10mm deffo will look at havoc as a mate uses tthem

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Easton. Especially for carbon seeing as they have been making carbon bars for give or take the longest.

I have Carbon havocs and havens. have crashed both hard and they haven’t instantly imploded as the nay sayers will have you believe.

The new 35mm Havoc Carbon 800mm is stupidly stiff and incredibly light and worth it IMHO if you are going both bar and stem.

Kryton57

tomkerton – Member
    The new Renthal carbon Fatbar lite! It’s perfect for your needs!

I’m getting one. Is it OK to cut them with a fine blade large hacksaw and a hanky over your mouth?

honourablegeorge

jedi – Member
    i ride 680mm bars flat to 10mm deffo will look at havoc as a mate uses tthem

Be wary then, might not be room to mount shifters and brakes if you cut 750s down that much

matther01
    Free Member

Mt zoom…about to buy a second pair and not for crazy money either. Half price crash replacement to boot too.

Kryton57

I’ve just googled the Exotic bar’s and they are only £60. Also available in 680 for Jedi, and 710 for me off the shelf.

Anyone use them – I’d be interested to know of the quality…

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=94&p=1063

jam-bo

Just bought a renthal fatbar lite and duo stem for my five. It’s very nice…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bars and stems’ is closed to new replies.