Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bangernomics -1.8 Golf auto
  • kilo

For a variety of reasons I need a car for the next few weeks posibly a couple of months, I’m loath to spend much as we are planning to get rid of my van and get a better van soonish and cba hiring everytime I need one so I’m dabbling in bangernomics again.
    Guy round the corner has a K reg Golf cl 1.8 auto for sale for £400. 43k on the clock. Spoken to him car originally belonged to his BiL’s sister, she didn’t use it much passed to him he’s getting a new car thinks his one is too nice to just scrap. Seems sound enough on the phone and not a dealer. Car has 12 months mot, had new discs and brake overhaul for the MOT, couple of rust spots on the tailgate otherwise looks ok if a little dull.
    Any known faults on these, things to look out for? Should I buy it – veering twards yes if the test drive tomorrow is ok?

johndoh
    Free Member

If it has 12 months MOT and you only want it for a couple of months then it sounds as good a bet as any.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What’s the scrap value £200 ? If so thats £200 for the period plus insurance and roadtax. If car hangs together you do better than that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bangernomics -1.8 Golf auto’ is closed to new replies.