Home Forums Bike Forum Banana Industries Riding glasses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Banana Industries Riding glasses
  • zerocool

Has anyone got a pair and what do you think of them?
    What sized head do they suit best, what helmet do you use and are there any compatibility issues.

I’m in the market for some new glasses and can’t justify another pair of Oakleys (or similar) as I’ve lost or trashed several pairs over the years and resent paying lots of money for something that will get ruined with grit, mud, sweat, crashes, etc.

Ta

grahamt1980

They are fine,  but the coating on the lenses makes them a pain in the arse to clean.

I got mine when they were on a stupid offer and won’t be upset if I kill them

bikesandboats
    Free Member

I have a set, paid £35 for them I think. Never had any proper riding glasses before so not much to compare them with. They seem fine with my POC helmet. Have noticed they are tricky to clean though, best keep your fingers away from the lenses.

fazzini

What @grahamt1980 said. Really like mine though. Best fitting glasses I’ve had for a while.

monkeyboyjc

I like mine. Only criticism is that wearing with just on one of my helmets they rattle against it (stuck some 3m rubber tape on helmet).

jeffl

I got some when they were in cheap. Used to use Bolle glasses from Screwfix before. Overall I like the increased coverage, never used the dark lenses, only the clear and iridium or whatever they are. Would be better if they came with a set of polarised lenses.

As above they can knock/bash against the front of my helmet but not the end of the world. Don’t seem to mist up.

Unless they’re on offer I’d also look to see what Madison have available as I think they’re RRP is similar to the banana glasses at their reduced price.

bens
    Free Member

Love mine. I bought the photochromic lenses to go with them which made them less cheap but I had struggled to find anything with a similar design and reactive lenses.

I haven’t actually used the standard lenses so can’t really comment on those but the photochromic ones are ace. Almost totally clear through to dark enough when the suns out.

I find a lot of glasses are usually too wide for my face but these are just right. I’ve been wearing the witha POC Tectal and they don’t interfere with each other.

The lenses seem to be fairly scratch resistant too. I had some Carnac ones previously which didn’t handle being cleaned all that well but these Banana ones have fared quite well so far.

zerocool

Thanks guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.