Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ballyhoura Co Limerick
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone any advice re conditions etc heading there in a couple of weeks
    Cheers

barrykellett
    Free Member

Big trail centre. Bring a good bit of food and water if doing the biggest loop!

fudge9202
    Free Member

@barrykellett
    yea the biggest loop is 51km any idea about the severity of the climbs etc.

kilo

did it a couple of years ago, usually ride surrey and occasionally afan and don’t remember it being particularly onerous, very good fun though

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers Kilo

honourablegeorge

Pretty much all hardpack, some boardwalk sections (used to be treacherously slippy in the wet, are mostly OK now). There’s been some effort to add a bit more in the line of berms, pumpy bits, and even a few small jumps, but the emphasis is very much wheels on the ground XC.

Five or six intersecting loops, so you can go 17k, 30k, and so on up to about 50, but some fire road on the longer ones.

And there’s a few off-piste bits springing up now, particularly so with the Enduro that’s being held there end of the month. Keep your eyes open for “unofficial” looking bits.

thepodge
    Free Member

I rode it for the singlespeed worlds a while back, really liked it

kilo

some boardwalk sections (used to be treacherously slippy in the wet, are mostly OK now).

They were a bit cheeky, when the wife and I rode it we didn’t see anybody all day, on a broadwalk section near the end I slipped off landed on a rock in a stream bed and lay there swearing as about a dozen people then proceeded to cycle by 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ballyhoura Co Limerick’ is closed to new replies.