Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bah humbug
  • fadda

Why are Christmas Jumpers even “a thing”?

wwaswas

I invented some sweets for sheep.

I call them Baa Humbugs.

igmc.

antigee

” I had a good rant about them a few years ago on FB”

couldn’t have been that good – I thought stuff posted on FB usually saved the world

jimjam
    Free Member

antigee

couldn’t have been that good – I thought stuff posted on FB usually saved the world

I forgot to add “like and share if you agree” on the end of it.

flyingmonkeycorps

We’re having a Christmas jumper day at work for charidee. When I said I was going to spend twenty pounds at a charity shop instead of lining the coffers of some exploitative sweatshop using meganationalglobalcorp I was accused of being a grump.

Bah and indeed humbug.

fadda

We’re having the same at work. Raising money is OK, happy to contribute, but the jumpers?

Just why…?

mintimperial

They’ve got all the staff in our local Co-op wearing them. I feel really sorry for them, bet they’re a right pain to keep clean and you probably get way too hot if you’re lugging stuff around, but I bet the manager bollocks you if you turn up without one.

zippykona

Too hot for jumpers.

ahwiles
    Free Member

wooly jumper?

inside?

with the heating on?*

no ta.

(*at work, the adminisphere have had the heating turned up to 11 since september)

copa
    Free Member

Xmas should be combined with poppy remembrance to create poppymas jumpers. These would become compulsory for anyone in public – a tribute to our fallen warriors and a celebration of buying tat for family members you don’t like.

alanf
    Free Member

Back in the day I remember a Christmas Jumper was a jumper that you acquired at Christmas from a well meaning relative, that would undoubtedly be hideous, but you had to show your gratitude by wearing it. If you were ever seen in said item by anyone not in your immediate family or close relatives you would be royally abused until maybe March or April time.
    A Christmas jumper these days is a while different context.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s just a ploy to make Giles Brandon look cool

I’ve banned Xmas jumpers too ( along with mince pies and Xmas pudding)

MrOvershoot

cheekyget – Member

I’m sure it’s just a ploy to make Giles Brandon look cool

Is this a mash up of Kirk Brandon (wearing a jumper)

And Giles Brandreth

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What alanf said, Christmas jumpers were normally from Marks and Spencer, and everyone got one as a present when I was a teenager. We’d all be forced to wear them by our Mams for a while afterwards.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bah humbug’ is closed to new replies.