• This topic has 43 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Baggy shorts for Road/Gravel
  • DaveE

Any recommendations (Not too Baggy)

iainc

Evans FWE Ridgeway fit the bill

kelron
    Free Member

I can’t find the gravel specific clothing section on CRC so you might have to go naked.

Seriously though, whatever you find comfortable? I like my Endura Humvees, they’re quite close fitting.

CraigW
    Free Member

Swrve are nice. Quite slim fit.

scotroutes

Kalf Terra

allyharp

Kalf Terra

Second this.  Excellent shorts, and great value.

peteimpreza

Rapha Randonee shorts

scaredypants

I bought some twentyfour shorts from sportpursuit recently – sort of softshell and a pretty slim fit

They’re really nice (I went back on and got some more straight away).  Only mid-length, if you care – you can see the bottom inch or so of my lycra shorts while riding but not walking around.

Not sure how robust the arse will be as they’re not “for” biking

continuity
    Free Member

Man up and wear lycra

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Kalf Terra

And sadly no no longer available it seems..

akira

Endura mtr, slim and light.

theboatman
    Free Member

Gravel clothes….. well I never….

kiwicraig

Troy Lee Design – Terrain

Baggy, but on the tighter side.

rOcKeTdOg

Pearl izumi summit, thin and non flappy

jameso

Kalf Terra

And sadly no no longer available it seems..

New versions due.

jameso

Gravel clothes….. well I never….

Kind of ‘not into tight lycra cos I’m not a roadie’ and ‘will give the loud MTB gear a miss, ta’ kit, I guess. Works for me, I’d say all my riding gear (MTB, road, ‘gravel’ etc) fits into that middle ground these days.

‘Gravel Gear’. Making cyclists look fairly normal at last?

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Troy Lee skylines for me.  Bit of stretch but not too baggy.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Endura mtr, slim and light

I wear my mk1’s a lot on the road.  A bit more socially acceptable than lycra, pockets.  Great to run in as well – they really meet the ‘forget you’re wearing them’ pitch.

If you want something casual i’ve got some cotton 34″ waist Howies cycling 3/4 on the classifieds…

scotroutes

Basically that. Normal looking clothing that you could wear to the pub without it screaming “I’m a cyclist ” but with a few features like stretch, some hidden reflectivity, sensible closures etc.

BadlyWiredDog

The original Haglofs Lizard soft shell shorts were brilliant, but the newer ones have a slightly different, marginally looser cut and aren’t quite so good, but still decent.

l0key
    Free Member

Or just the black/grey colour variety of any mtb shorts?

theboatman
    Free Member

I wasn’t endeavouring to cause any sense of humour failure’s, I just found it funny to suddenly assign all the middle ground cycle wear that we have been buying for years to being ‘gravel’ related. I have some lovely levi cycle commuter shorts that I use for riding out with the kids days, and for popping to the shops or the pub. However I wouldn’t actually see them as useful for a mid winter ‘gravel’ ride or even my commute. But then again I have a gravel bike that is perfect for my commute and it never sees any gravel, and many year’s ago I had the full gold coloured bianchi pantani kit including gold shoe’s… So I’m probably the real monster here 👾

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Decathlon, £15. Seem to be really hard wearing too, I go through the arse of Humvee’s and wear through the stitching on waterproof altura’s.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/st-500-mountain-bike-shorts-red-id_8487207.html

daern
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Endura Zyme shorts for this exact use, but damn it, they’re actually too good to use on the bike and I ended up wearing them as casual wear for most of the summer!

Being honest, I wear my road lycra most of the time on the gravel bike as it’s practical. On the days when I need extra pockets (or need to be seen in public!), I chuck a pair of Gore C3 Trail over the top of the bibs – I’ve worn Gore baggies for years and really rate them. Obviously, being Gore, they are overpriced but if you can find some for a decent discount, they are nice shorts to wear.

Gotama
    Free Member

Rapha Randonee are very good. Even better if you can pick them up in the sale.

cheers_drive

Ion Paze shorts are designed to go over lycra bibs and tighter than any baggies I’ve seen without being lycra. The material is very thin and flexy so you don’t realise you’re wearing them. The one pocket is tiny, which may be an issue for some but keeps them minimal.

They are available in black if yellow is not subtle enough for you.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29QEx5D]Rob bike[/url] by Rob Johnson, on Flickr

orena45

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Premier IconrOcKeTdOg
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Pearl izumi summit, thin and non flappy

Second this, loved my pair.  Had to chuck them a few months ago as I wore a hole through them I used them so much!  PI do a decent range of relaxed look riding kit so worth having a look.

</div>

wind-bag
    Free Member

The Aussie Grit shorts are very good, but a bit on the pricey side, managed to get mine with a discount code. Wore them for the first time last week at the Dirty Boar, shame I can’t afford another pair.

rOcKeTdOg

Second this, loved my pair.  Had to chuck them a few months ago as I wore a hole through them I used them so much!  PI do a decent range of relaxed look riding kit so worth having a look.

even better when they’re free 🙂

bonni

Mavic Allroad shorts and jersey appears to be tailor made for the job.

https://shop.mavic.com/en-int/allroad-fitted-baggy-short-c6937.html#1028=3702

DezB
    Free Member

Endura mtr, slim and light

Medium size, dark blue, only £39 on Cycle Surgery (more sizes in black, £50)

sarawak
    Free Member

I use Endura Humvee with the clickfast liner. Wannabee Chris Froomes get a bit snotty – until I pass them!!!

Work well for me and they don’t look as daft as lycra on middle aged man does.

johnnystorm

+1 for Aussie Grit

Aussie Grit Apparel Flint Shorts

Advntr10 should work as a discount code

orena45

even better when they’re free 🙂

Indeed. Shame we couldn’t get another pair 😀

rOcKeTdOg

I’m wearing mine now, there’s occasionally some on sports pursuit in garish colours though

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Evans have the womens Kalf Terra shorts for £17 on their eBay store just now. I ordered some in XL – will see if they fit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Baggy shorts for Road/Gravel’ is closed to new replies.