Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Babysitting. Anyone else do it back in the day?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Was reminiscing today about putting the offending brats that I was as a 15 yr old supposed to be looking after, then raiding the cupboards and using the “big phone” to phone your mates. Got busted a coupla times fast asleep when the “parents” returned! We as parents now, dont know anyone who could offer such a high quality service nowadays…

dannybgoode

I did – once. Bumped into one of the kids I babysat at an illegal rave some years later. Bizarrely he recognised me but not vice versa.

Cheers

Danny B

Edric64
    Free Member

I did it was great ,got left fags and cider!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

1.50 an hour was the top rate. I’d eaten 6 quids worth of crisps and phoned the French exchange students I knew over the last 4 hours. It was a solitary life tho. If only internerwebbery had existed back then…

headfirst
    Free Member

It was a solitary life tho

Not for me! As a 16 year old my girlfriend would come along too to “watch a video” if you know what I mean, say no more. I made sure I had a babysitting gig every weekend. Happy days. 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

So you were paid to get Jiggy ? You old gigolo!

bigdaddy

I remember some amusing experiences babysitting – I also used the situation creatively, with female companions – I remember getting caught watching ‘naughty’ late night movies and having a bit of a fumble with a girlfriend when parents walked in. Very embarrassing.

As a parent now I’d never let randy 16 yr olds babysit my kids, knowing how I behaved!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Babysitting. Anyone else do it back in the day?’ is closed to new replies.