Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork length dilemma/advice
  • mildred

I’m looking round for some new forks. I like the look of the new Pike & currently run 26″ wheels. However, in an attempt to future proof (as much as possible) I was contemplating buying a set of 650b forks but initially use them with my 26″ wheels. I’m guessing the offset will be slightly different & the fork slightly longer for any given travel length, but what other issue might I encounter?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

None I can think of I run a 650b fork with 26 inch wheel it suits the geometry of my bike great.

mildred

Looking at my current Rev’s, the arch is shaped/sculptured to fit a tyre profile, with the narrowest part being roughly adjacent to the rim & northwest section of the tyre sidewall. Looking at yours do you think the clearance is tight, or do you reckon the difference between 26 & 27.5 is too subtle to make a deal of difference?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have Marzocchi 350 CR no issues with tyre clearance with Chunk Monkey or HDs about to put a DHF 2.5 on the front and I don’t think that will be an issue.

Pike wise I know there was someone on MTBR has them and run Kenda Excavator.

mildred

Thanks for that it’s a big help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork length dilemma/advice’ is closed to new replies.