Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • aw – Recommend me a base layer long sleeves
  • aw
    Free Member

As above need some more base layers now winter is coming…cost effective but good quality, any recommendations?

jonk

The £5 ones at decathlon are really good. They are better than merino IMO

aw
    Free Member

thats nice and cheap jonk 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

big fan of helly hansen base layers if you want to feel dry.

erny
    Free Member

I really rate the merino ones from decathlon.

ton

I like the cheap ones from decathlon
    I also like the rab merino/bamboo ones
    I DONT like the expensive icebreaker one I have.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve been very pleased with my Endura Baa Baa merino base layer. Well made and keeps you warm/sweat free.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheap from Decathlon – think the ski ones are a fiver, cycling specific ones a couple of quid more. The ski ones are toasty warm, prone to being a bit wiffy though.

For more money I’m starting to prefer bamboo ones to merino – google bamboo clothing, theirs are very nice

vondally
    Free Member

as a real sweater aka zinedine zidane complete dripping mess I would recommend

decathlon look at their skins as well as the cheaper ones pay a bit more and they are really good, quite a few over the years

aldi base layers very good poly based but some smell a bit petrol like

Canterbury skin tight thing

under armour from tk maxx

Craft in the sale

Falke tk maxx sale

Helly H standard

avoid merino wool as a base layer if you sweat as it will be cold and wet people will say I am wrong but for me nightmare as a mid layer okay with a good synthetic underneath

MoreCashThanDash

vondally – I’ve found the same with merino

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The £5 “Wed’ze” Decathalon ones are fantastic value for money, pretty good at being breathable and very good at being toasty.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/simple-warm-base-layer-id_8185607.html

Neil-F
    Free Member

Another vote for the “£5.99 each or £15 for three” Decathlon ones here,I got 2 last year, and topped up my collection with another 3 this year. If they start smelling, a wee steep in some very diluted dettol in a bucket overnight does the trick. 😀

matt_outandabout

Warm winter base layer? Helly Hansen Warm merino/manmade hybrid of warm, cosy, wicking awesomeness.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Helly hansen lifa.. not cheap though..

gonetothehills
    Free Member

dobo – Member

big fan of helly hansen base layers if you want to feel dry.

+1

The very thin ones under a regular winter jersey work great. They also wick well under a softshell and are very comfy whatever the weather. I’ve found merino hugely uncomfortable when it’s wet, but love it in the dry.

wilsonalasdair
    Free Member

The heat tech ones from uniqlo are pretty good.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

‘Helly Hansen Stripy One’ for me. While I like the material of the Baa Baa, the sleeves are way too short. This is especially annoying as the body fits me perfectly. Consider this a warning if you have fairly long arms.

tonyd

Smelly Helly FTW. Thin ones til it gets really cold, then a winter one for, erm, winter. I usually just wear two layers – a helly and then a jersey or jacket over the top.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

best ones I’ve used are Craft. The decathlon ones are good too.

vickypea
    Free Member

I love my Baa Baa merino one for winter, worth the money!

Kryton57

Craft extreme, or extreme windstopper on the roadie. Awesome.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘aw – Recommend me a base layer long sleeves’ is closed to new replies.