Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Elixir olive & barb
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Any clues as to where I can get these items from, I’ve got 4 hoses that need shortening and need new ones.

Thanks

binners

You may struggle to get them individually. The olives must be a standard size as they’re the same as Maguras, the barbs aren’t though.

The Avid bleed kit come with 4 sets of them. Avid bleed kits are like hens teeth though, for some bizarre and inexplicable reason

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ah bugger,

binners

I can’t see any reason you couldn’t get away with re-using the barb though. Its only the olive that should need to be new. And I think they must be a standard size

uberscott

MIght be worth calling the SRAM tech centre

http://sramtechcentre.co.uk/

They might at least give you the part number that you can then use to order through your LBS. They did that for the Elixir lever internals that I needed a while back.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I reused the barbs when I did my Elixirs. I think I used some Juicy compression olives i had spare which worked fine. You can get the barbs and olives on CRC.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bleed kits also available on CRC. Though I think you can get some much cheaper non-Avid alternatives from ebay.

Edit: They say Juicy but that’s what I’ve got and it works just fine with my elixirs.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sorted from Bike Chase, winner!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir olive & barb’ is closed to new replies.