Home Forums Bike Forum Austin Atto

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Austin Atto
  • fasthaggis

I have a lot of visits planned around the country(mostly next spring) ,which involves more than a few train journeys.

Usually I would take one of the 700c doitalls,but I have always fancied a folder.

This would be less hassle on the train bits and easier to store at friend’s houses.

I quite like the look of an Austin Atto,mostly as it’s not a Brompton, so a wee bit different.

Has anybody tried/ridden one?

The early ones were prone to creaking (carbon),but I read that a long time ago ,so they may have sorted that out.

Thanks an all that :)

susepic

Can’t comment on the Atto ride (sorry) but do have a Brompton for train commuting, so couple considerations. Depending on how much time, and what time you are on he trains, the fold is really important. Brompton fit comfortably on luggage racks by the doors. Other folders (Terns and Dahons) with a bigger fold dimension don’t do that easily, so can clutter the doorways which is frustrating for all concerned. With a Brompton you can stand by the door, and the Brompton goes behind your legs, don’t think that works w a bigger fold.

Personally (YMMV obvs) I’d do a bog standard 2nd hand Brompton for a short period of use and flog it 3rd hand after.  the trip.

fasthaggis

Thanks.

Although a small fold size would be nice,I am not intending any rush hour/commuting type train trips.

I appreciate that it’s easy to pick up 2nd hand Bromptons (as there are so many of them around),but I am not really planning to flog it on,

so was taken by the style and clean lines of the Atto (and disc brakes*)

*I have been looking at the Bromptons that Ben through in Kinetics does with disc kits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.