Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Asolo walking boots – anyone using them?
  • alanf
    Free Member

Thinking of purchasing some Asolo Fugitive GTX's, but wondering what they are like?
    Is anyone using them or have any experience of them or other Asolo products?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Both me and My mrs have used asolo boots No problems with them

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I had some Asolo Fulcrum approach shoes and loved (and wore) them to bits.
    Have got a pair of Scarpa Quests now which have been surprisingly good allrounders. Sticky rubber helps!

bobbyspangles

i am wearing a pair of the gtxs' right now! took a while to break in but i like the fit which is quite thin compared to other boots. i bought them from a Go outdoors in coventry

ChrisF
    Free Member

I have some Fugitive GTX boots, I think they are pretty good. They are a narrow fit.

They are fine for most hiking/hillwalking duties (outside of winter mountain use), quite flexible and light and have a bit of spongy give in the sole. Properly waterproof as you'd expect from a goretex boot. Sole tread is a bit shallow though, so may wear out quicker than some.

Dr_Bakes

I'm wearing mine today as well. I'd echo the above, they're a narrow fit. I really rate mine; light, waterproof and have worn well so far (I've had them 18 months). They're not the cheapest but I got them for a good price from Go Outdoors in the end.

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses – Will try some but think the narrow fit will be OK as I've not got massive fat feet

pete68
    Free Member

Got a pair back in september(can't remeber the model).Very narrow fit and then they leaked the first time out in the rain.Got my money back as they where found to be faulty.Wouldn't get them again,mainly because of the fit.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I tried some before & didn't like the fit. But then I only liked one out of ~8 different brands/models I tried that day.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I have fairly wide feet and have had a pair of goretex Asolo 3-4 season boots for a good 10 years or so. Still going very strong and comfortable. My only gripe is that I used them in the snow shortly after buying them, got salt on the lace hooks and eyes and it corroded them. Other than that – highly recommended based on my experience.

snowpaul
    Free Member

Great boots – had a set for years – not as good as my similar aged scarpas… found the older tread design a bit prone to slipping on the heel but maybe just me – would buy again though

paul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Asolo walking boots – anyone using them?’ is closed to new replies.