• This topic has 342 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 23 posts - 321 through 343 (of 343 total)
  • Ashton Court! Brizzole
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Kingtut, and anyone else doing lap after lap of the course – why? You’ll be riding round it for up to 8 hours in a couple of weeks’ time…

Cos I’m like ‘totally’ crazy.

noteeth
    Free Member

Ok, given my generally Eeyore-like comments on this thread, I should probably add some positive thoughts. Having re-visited Don’t Look Down etc & walked (natch) along it, I was relieved to find a nice, supa-fast-looking & narrow(-ish) trail (being fond of that corner of the woods, I was sore-afraid there would be all manner of signposted rollers, step-offs & whatnot…). And the autumn deadfall was already doing a good job of making it blend in. I’m still going to miss the off-camber roots & rocks of the old s-bend, and it’s a different kind of trail now – but not necessarily in a bad way.

And the pump track looks smashing – great to see it being sessioned by the light of the silvery moon flyover.

Lot of stickman activity in LW, I noticed, including the pulling down of live saplings – the twonk(s). 👿

ooliticsprings
    Free Member

[DJ – Member
    Cheers. I was planning a ride with a load of friends who haven’t ridden AC before that weekend! I’ll have to change it. Will it still be busy on Sunday with people still hanging about? Parking etc? I know it is only on Saturday but wondered if people stay for the night? Cheers.quote]

If anybody is looking for accommodation during Oktoberfest we have just started running cyclist friendly self catering accommodation within a few miles of Ashton Court. Further details can be found at
    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/england/e3444.htm

GaryLake
    Free Member

Has anyone? I’m happy with the last section starting with the mini rock garden, but the upper section perplexing me.

It’ll come, need a big set of lungs to keep the momentum up and try backing off just a little bit, slower is faster on some of those twisty bits if that makes sense.

Whats that new bit in AC by the gap in the wall for 50 acre about? It doesn’t seem to ride right! Anyone know what i mean?

Again, a few runs and it rides ok, it was worse before IMO, and I the new bit will work better for Oktoberfest.

Kingtut, and anyone else doing lap after lap of the course – why? You’ll be riding round it for up to 8 hours in a couple of weeks’ time…

Meh, it’s on my commute home, would be rude not to duck in for a spin 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Looks awesome

karen805
    Free Member

Quick video I took last week of the upper Quarry section and the rock garden in NBW.

I know it’s slow, but I was peddaling my 1×9 Wolf Ridge around 😳

MrAgreeable

Meh, it’s on my commute home, would be rude not to duck in for a spin

I’m not talking about people who ride the trail regularly (self included), more the ones who ride it flat out (or what they think is flat out), again and again, like demented hamsters on a wheel. We saw a beautiful example on a trail day a while back, he must have come past where we were working about 5 times. No way was he going to stop and ask what we were doing, he had his resting heart rate to think about.

Each to their own, of course, but doing that sort of thing would burn me out really quickly. Not to mention the questionable wisdom of having your training loop on a trail that is crazy busy right now.

phutphutend

Are we allowed to ride Leigh Woods yet? All the do not ride signs seemed to have been removed so I had a bit of a burn yesterday.

Nearly killed a handfull of walkers walking up the trails.

Mourned the loss of all the brilliant rutted technical trails, including the lovely off camber rooty section near the gorge edge.

Nearly lost my front wheel many times on the gritty surface.

Hopefully some new off road trails will open up as we all loose the will to live!

MrAgreeable

Some of Leigh Woods is pretty much good to go, some of it is still very fresh and will get damaged if people start riding it en masse. Wait a couple of weeks, and it’ll all be open to ride and slag off, sorry, I mean critique in a knowledgeable and informed fashion. 😉

Nearly lost my front wheel many times on the gritty surface.

So, you’re poaching a new trail before it has had time to settle properly and you’re complaining the surface is a bit loose?!

Hopefully some new off road trails will open up as we all loose the will to live!

I hope not, the top of the wood has been completely riddled with trails and most of them are in a right state. All the most technically interesting trails have been left as they are, for those that know how to find them. It’s only Ho Chi Minh that has been reworked.

DJ
    Free Member

I walked around the trails in Leigh Woods yesterday and must have seen about 20 riders riding in both directions!! There were even a couple families tootling around.

People say they think the trails are open but it’s pretty obvious they are not! Some people have no patience and are pretty disrespectful. Surely they can wait a couple more weeks?!

Couldn’t see the ‘skills’ section or the red section but maybe I did and just didn’t realise. It does look rather fast though. I can’t wait.

MrAgreeable

I would imagine that if Ashton Court is anything to go by, the signs may have been removed by random idiots. There was still orange netting over the entrance to the trails last time I popped over for a look, but it had been flattened.

I suppose it’s pretty positive in a way that people are so excited about the new trails, but spare a thought for the volunteers who’ll be having to deal with any wear and tear a few years down the line…

DJ
    Free Member

Anyone know the new names of the trails after the competition results?

flatpat
    Free Member

Machinery was still working on the trails just before 7 last night – they’re obviously in a hurry to finish them!

DJ
    Free Member

Anyone got any insider info on what the red section in Leigh Woods will involve? Is it where the Rice Bowl is?

MrAgreeable

The trail is going to be called The Nova Trail. Bloody perfect if you ask me as that’s where our rides round it usually end up!

The red Leigh Woods section isn’t where the Rice Bowl is. Its location isn’t exactly a secret, but it’s not ready to ride so it hasn’t been linked to the rest of the trail yet.

According to the designer it’s going to be a fast flowing loopable section with some jumps and natural obstacles (no North Shore).

Flashy
    Free Member

I saw it last night. Work in progress, but looks “interesting”…

DJ
    Free Member

Cool, Thanks Mr A. I saw the new name on Better by Bike a couple days ago.

PS – Congrats also for having a part of the trail named after your good self. I am assuming you are Anthony?! Which part is your part?

MrAgreeable

No idea yet, I hope it’s not a boring bit! Bit weirded out if I’m honest, I only organised the repair sessions on the old trail and there were lots more people involved besides myself. But it’s still a nice pat on the back!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Three laps non-stop at a measured pace this afternoon (snuck off work early) 😀 Leafy, slightly muddy and natural looking now, but just as fast and grippy – impressive trail building. Several families and couples enjoying bimbling around it, which is great to see. A nice man was collecting refuse.

A few bits of nasty corner cutting going on, the worst bit being the field at the start of BBL. Now the straight line exists, it draws the eye and despite trying not to, I kept unintentionally following it – grrrr. I hope something can be done because those fast, flat corners were rather fun and I want them back.

SOAP
    Free Member

Was you on a large white boardman Buzz?

MrAgreeable

I hope something can be done

The straight lines are probably going to turn to sh!te soon so I’d imagine the problem will be self-managing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi Geoff: I was riding a grey Boardman and wearing a white top. It might have been me.

SOAP
    Free Member

AC is gonna be great in the winter and love the chalange of 50 acre.
    Not so sure now buzz I was on a green picth and the misses on a red Myka fsr.
    ill keep an eye out as most sundays ill be there for a few laps 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 321 through 343 (of 343 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court! Brizzole’ is closed to new replies.