• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bol.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • as a STW chap, is it ok to like the Citroen DS5?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

i’m kinda set getting Volvo V60 however this morning I took my van for a service in Citroen dealer and whilst waiting I walk around looking at their cars and I spotted the DS5, very impressed the details of the car more on the inside, the photo online doesn’t do it justice nothing inside looks cheap at all, only niggle are the two pillars on windscreen which is a bit view restricting imo, i decline the offer of the sales rep to test drive it as I am afraid i might not let it go as was very good value mileage already 9k at £14+k (they said they can fit removable tow-bar if that’s my worry) 😮

should I slap my face and wake up as its going to be an impulse buying?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks a bit special…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Course it’s ok.

(I’ve always hankered after a C6 so I can saunter around all day shrugging my shoulders and curling my lip at everyone).

Bregante

My neighbour is a manager for a car leasing company and he gets to bring all sorts of motors home and he really rates these.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

looks more like a concept car than mass produce one really .. there is a new model that is out that looks like only front grille has changed but cost very dear as new, price bracket of maybe 3 series or C class

mikey74
    Free Member

Are people defining what they can and can’t do by what internet forum they browse these days then?

We really are in trouble 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

I got to drive a DS3 after my driving instructor bought one. I got to drive it for a while and passed my test with it. Nice little car to drive with plenty of gadgets to mess with … 😀

kcal

what’s the boot space like? I had half a look at what I think was the V60 (or possibly the V50) – when I was in looking at Skodas (shared dealership). No contest on the amount of rear room, quite apart from the upfront and service costs – could be better build quality on the Volvo but sod it 🙂

wolfenstein
    Free Member

DS5 boot space is surprisingly bigger than MK2 Focus and rear seats folds flat.. the V60 however you could probably fit a kitchen fridge 😀

wolfenstein
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    Are people defining what they can and can’t do by what internet forum they browse these days then?

huh! you buy things without STW approval? 😯

😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Interesting… as you might know I’m working on a car design as we speak, and actually stopped to have a look around one on the way back from town today; they’re certainly funky to look at on the outside!

Having driven a DS2 I will say the gearbox in it was awful, like stirring a bag of spanners.

Also the interior on the DS2 was ghastly, just a load of horrible shiny black ABS like a shear TV set from Tesco 🙁 I was so bad I actually commented on it, then was told it wasn’t [as I thought] hired by the driver but that he had just bought it 2 days before. I can confirm that there is no way to actually sink into the seats and disappear from sight!

How much of this is anything to do with the DS5 I don’t know 😉

bikemike1968
    Free Member

The very latest, facelifted model is pretty good, the previous one was a bit of a lemon – looked pretty but awful to drive. They are being heavily discounted to clear at the moment.
    A review of the latest on here

unovolo
    Free Member

Whats this DS2 you speak of?

Surely you mean DS3, mates on his 2nd one and really likes them, interior seems nice(Glovebox on the DS3 is a joke though) but the DS5 and Citroen Cactus are nicer still.

I’d have one at the right price.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

How right you are, I mean the DS2.

Interestingly the only other person I know who drove one said the same thing about the gearbox.

jimmy

I got caught out by a dealer on autotrader who had a Peugeot 207 gti advertised at a grid price. I thought, that looks niceand surprisingly big and for 5k seemed a bargain. Then I realised it had Citroën wheels, a 13 reg (not 10 as stated) and worked out it was a ds5. Maybe cunning Citroën tactics, but I really like the look of it. And the c5 estate I like too. There, I said it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aye. New Big Peugeot is nice too 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    How right you are, I mean the DS2.

What’s this DS2 you speak of? Surely you mean the DS3? 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Gaaaaah – sorry I was clearly actually thinking about doing my coursework and not procrastinating hard enough.

mikey74
    Free Member

huh! you buy things without STW approval?

Actually, I buy the complete opposite of whatever the STW advice is 😆 **

** So that means that STW really does define what I buy, but not in the way that the people of STW expect……. or do they? Who knows, who cares.

Note: None of the above is true…. or is it (?)

For the record: The new Citroens do look nice but I’d never buy a French car as they are not designed to be user friendly and therefore servicing tends to be expensive.

thegreatape
    Free Member

French car as they are not designed to be user friendly and therefore servicing tends to be expensive.

It’s no great surprise that French cars are surly and uncooperative is it.

mikey74
    Free Member

😆

andyl
    Free Member

(I’ve always hankered after a C6 so I can saunter around all day shrugging my shoulders and curling my lip at everyone).

I wish they did an estate like the old XM.

General rule for big citroens is don’t buy new with your own money.

parkesie
    Free Member

Was very tempted by a ds5 but the c5 estate was much more practical. The ds5 boot while big has a lip and visibility isnt the best. The over head im in a aeroplane controls in the ds5 are awesome though. Think my next motor will be the new c4 cactus 🙂

bol

I would have had one of these a few years ago if the lease costs hadn’t been so stupid. Rubbish predicted residuals are good for the second owner, but pants for company car drivers. I ended up with a much less interesting Merc instead.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘as a STW chap, is it ok to like the Citroen DS5?’ is closed to new replies.