Home Forums Bike Forum Argh – TRP Slate brakes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Argh – TRP Slate brakes
  • honourablegeorge

Trying to bleed a Slate brake, popped in a bleed block, connected a syringe to the lever port, and went to do same to the caliper. Used a cheap t15 wrench…hmm, that’s a bit stiff – the tool actually snapped.

Not to worry, I thought, used a ratchet and a Topeak bit… the bit snapped off too.

Cheap shite, i thought – got a set of Wera bits – snapped that too

Not sure on the next move. I guess heat? This was meant to be a 5 minute job…..

faustus

Interested to hear this as I need to bleed my slates, and the caliper I couldn’t budge the bleed screw on, developed a leak where the two parts of the caliper meet, so is probably going to be junked.

Mugboo

I bought a TRP Slate brake for the hose and pads for some Slate Evo’s I had bought with a short hose.

So I have a brand new caliper and lever if that helps. Drop me a message and we can sort something out.

finbar
    Free Member

That sounds wild. I’d have thought you’d have absolutely mullered the bolt head before snapping three tools?

honourablegeorge

It’s a recessed screw, and using decent torx bits, bolt head is intact, the tip of the tool stayed in the bolt each time, had to use a fridge magnet to get it out

Fourth time/bit worked a charm, still baffled as to how it was so stiff. but the brake is bled now.

honourablegeorge

faustusFull
    Interested to hear this as I need to bleed my slates, and the caliper I couldn’t budge the bleed screw on,

Ok, so I’m not alone at least, feel better for hearing that.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 sets of the trp,s for the family absolutely zero issues here .

I have had some levers custom made of which @Mugboo I haven’t forgotten just been sunning myself working in Portugal

faustus

In the end I fitted a spare Slate caliper and just gravity bled it, and it’s fine…didn’t have time to be wrangling with small torx heads and syringes…

Mugboo

Cheers BigBud, enjoy the sunshine :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.