Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Argh my eye! (For real)
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

So mrs muz turned me into a pirate… one accidental fingernail poke to me eye left me in agony, a nice gouge out of me eye and in hospital for a couple of hours. Its bloody sore! Cant drive or cycle for a while at least…

The bit that isnt bloodshot is missing….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oooh Arrrgh!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Pinkeye outbreak – run for to the hills!!!!!

\m/

wwaswas

Could be more “Arrhh! Moi Eye!” if you get a proper patch.

Jamie
    Free Member

one accidental fingernail

Right, accidental.

You forgot something didn’t you?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like a sticker.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Blimey! Sauron’s let himself go a bit….

legend
    Free Member

As per the other eye thread, doesn’t count if it doesn’t have a blister

jimdubleyou

You have about 6 months until International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Hope it heals before then.

matt_outandabout

“accidental”

😆

Davesport

Get her de-clawed!

swdan
    Free Member

My daughter did this when learning to walk, stumbled just as she got to me. My arms went out to catch her, her finger went straight in my eye with those ultra sharp baby finger nails. Over a year later, vision is still not right in that eye (as predicted by the optician who said it has scarred and will probably be like that for life). Still, that’s one for the father of the bride speech.

It bloody hurt, you have my deepest sympathy

outofbreath
    Free Member

“As per the other eye thread, doesn’t count if it doesn’t have a blister”

Mrs Muzzy’s fingernail sounds just the thing to cure my eyeblister(TM).

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

She feels pretty bad about it. To be fair i dont think i forgot anything recently so believe the accidental part

just seen the other eye thread..i went to minor injuries but they said a and e would have taken me as well. Just dont risk your vision people!

I think this justifies me buying something shiny to cope with the pain…

Jamie
    Free Member

She feels pretty bad about it. To be fair i dont think i forgot anything recently so believe the accidental part

I give it a week till Mrs Muzzy has a new patio.

matt_outandabout

Has MrsMuzzy bought a new spade recently?

Sandwich

I believe the recompense to assuage the guilt is steak and BJ night all weak week!

Rubber_Buccaneer

You forgot something didn’t you?

or put something in the wrong place

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Ouch, good luck in speedy recovery. Should be alright in a a weeks time; I’ve done similar a couple of times and had the other eye clos out of sympathy so have had a few episodes of not being able to see for a week at a time.

One occasion was a bramble that flicked round and scratched across the middle of my cornea, took two months for blurred vision to sort it self out.

Jamie
    Free Member

or put something in the wrong place

His eye in the space she had her fingernail, Officer.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I feel your pain, my daughter did that to me last summer in the swimming pool so I had the added bonus of some chlorine just to make it a bit more painful 😥

To make it worse it was the day before I was booked to do the uplift at Gawton so I couldn’t even get a refund, pudding was withdrawn 😆

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I had friday booked off to do a full day on the bime typically!

cokie

It’ll be your next eye soon, then she’s got you incapacitated and can strike her final lethal blow with ease..

My GF managed to stick her finger up my nose knuckle deep when we were sleeping. Soft tissue plus her nail didn’t end well. It certainly woke me up.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My GF managed to stick her finger up my nose knuckle deep when we were sleeping. Soft tissue plus her nail didn’t end well. It certainly woke me up.

Nose?

Rubber_Buccaneer

It certainly woke me up.

aka stopped you snoring

GrahamS

Mate of mine had an eye patch for a while – then he managed to break some fingers while kayaking and had to have them strapped to a metal hook while they healed.

Really wanted to buy him a parrot…

maccruiskeen

Points of View

Peyote
    Free Member

Blimey! Sauron’s let himself go a bit….

🙂

Took me a while!

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Update. Back in hospital yesterday. Still cant see anything but blur. The bstds took me ofg voltorol as it might be slowing the healing process (still failed first line of eye test with damaged eye) and back in on friday for possible steriods

wurzelcube
    Free Member

How did you get on? My experiences are it takes from days to weeks for perfect vision to return depending how long / deep scratch is.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

you have my sympathies OP.
    last year my dog jumped up at me whilst i was on the couch pestering me to go out and caught with full in the eye with his claw. the pain was awful. got my wife to drive me to eye infirmary minutes down the road. it was badly scratched round the edge of the cornea. they gave me antibiotic cream but minutes after putting this in the pain was actually unbearable. worst i’ve had and i’ve broken my arm before. preserved for a day and gave them up. took a couple of weeks for the vision to settle down and even now months later if i rub my eye it can still knack. not fun.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Argh my eye! (For real)’ is closed to new replies.