Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Aren't we lucky?
  • Karinofnine

You know what? Despite political moaning etc. We live in a beautiful country.

emma82
    Free Member

yup. Most of the time I take it for granted too, ashamed as I am to admit it then something comes along and reminds me how great Britain really is sometimes. 🙂 Where have you been riding today then to post this?

sofatester
    Free Member

We live in a beautiful country.

Was thinking exacty that riding around the shire this week.

Everyone just needs to chill out a little and slow down, man.

druidh
    Free Member

Well, I do….

Karinofnine

Emma, today I can’t ride 🙁 my back is bad, I have pushed it too far the last couple of weeks so I am chilling with some tunes, this forum and a bottle of sherry 😳

Not giving an excuse to employers to force wages down – but generally we are lucky. Health service, social security (whatever), no poisonous/bitey things. (comparative) freedom for women.

jam-bo

I live in a beautiful county.

emma82
    Free Member

oh no! Bad backs truly suck. Haven’t been able to get out myself for a fair while but that’s part being too busy and party laziness. But sherry at 3.00 p.m.??!! 🙂 good work

Karinofnine

Emma, I’m SO bad at relaxing – sherry, just call me Dot 😆

supertramp
    Free Member

dry? 8)

zippykona

I never seen anything that does it for me as much as the north Devon coast. So yep,very lucky.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Well, I do….

Thought you lived in Scotland?

druidh
    Free Member

😆

You’re right. It’s crap. I think summer was today.

Still at least the overnight frost has killed the midges.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I never seen anything that does it for me as much as the north South Devon coast. So yep,very lucky.

FTFY! 😉

Devon beaches, Hampshire chalk streams, Wiltshire’s whale-back chalkland, Northumberland hills, Yorkshire Dales, Pembrokeshire’s green fields, Scotlandshire’s mountains and lochs, London’s architecture and culture, Herefordshire deep welcoming valleys, Kent’s glowing fertile fields, The Gower, etc, etc, etc.

Damn this is a beautiful place!

dingabell
    Free Member

Just come back from Portugal then went for a weeks surfing in Croyde North Devon. Got to say I loved the hot weather in Portugal but I’d agree that there’s nowhere more beautiful than the North Devon coast.

zippykona

Thank you.
    Going around the corner from Saunton and Croyde opens up before you. Splendid.

jon1973
    Free Member

We are indeed lucky. Been out picking sloe berries today, and enjoying the sun and the countryside – followed by a pint of ESB in a beer garden.

Sloe gin for Christmas….Mmmmmmmm.

grantway
    Free Member

Not when it rains
    Nor pays my guys there money each week

cinnamon_girl

Oh Karin, sorry to hear that. 🙁 Fingers crossed it clears up quickly.

Just to give you a flavour of my day … started off with a little bit of Salisbury Plain then on to the one and only Stonehenge. Dodged the peace camp – loads of hippies sitting around fires besides their camper vans, loud music blaring, scruffy dogs, quite surreal!

A few minutes later I was enjoying downland littered with Tumuli, Barrows and Long Barrows, watching pigs snorting and then on to a village farm shop with cafe. I enjoyed a pot of tea with home-made bread pudding for … £1.70. 😯

Then passed a hill fort, followed by a landing strip and had the amazing view of what looked like a housing estate on Salisbury Plain! It was a mock Bosnian village for Army training. Buzzards circling overhead making the most of the thermals.

Oh yes, there was a bloke on a bike holding a TV aerial. 😯

Mustn’t forget the convoy of 4×4 drivers who most kindly waited until I had pedalled along the track before they continued their journey.

Next was a hamlet complete with touring park and cat hotel, beautiful old buildings especially the church.

8)

ononeorange

Oxfordshire was stunning today with its lovely big skies (and dry trails at last!). We had a lazy ride round, great to see lots of other riders out too. Kites everywhere.

Hope your back is soon sorted, Ms Nine!

Karinofnine

C_G – and others – thanks. I’m ok, it’s just that I’ve pushed my back a bit too hard – I did five consecutive days at work and sitting is what really kills it.

C_G, I’m glad to hear you’re out and about x

solarpowered
    Free Member

Been to the north west of Scotland (Inverary) over the past few days – beautiful AND humbling.
    Britain is absolutely wonderful…..just wonderful!

plumber
    Free Member

I have found that if stop listening to any news at all – avoid family/work gossip that I am infinately happier all round

I often ask the mrs if she knows any happy stories – she bloody hates that 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

we do, but it’s seriously overcrowded in places.

I’ve been doing a bit of work in Co Leitrim lately, it’s a seriously beautiful place, and very very empty compared to West/South Yorkshire.

Compare the population of Ireland (the whole island, incl NornIron), is about 6.4 million, half a million of which live in the Dublin area. West Yorkshire, where I live, contains about 2 million people.

73 people per km2 in Ireland
    1044 people per km2 in W Yorks

if it wasn’t so flaming wet I might consider living there. Going back to ma roots, as it were, as my great great grandfather came from Mayo.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Aren't we lucky?’ is closed to new replies.