Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • are you doing a job you're a naturally gifted at?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

some incredibly positive feedback from a stranger who has heard about the home i run has left me feeling a little warmer inside 🙂

thing is, i can’t really imagine doing any other job… it just seems, well easy! i think i’m really lucky that i’ve managed to get into a job that suits my personality and strengths and i sometimes wonder if i’d feel the same having gone into a different career and seen some success in that?

so yeah, my question is: do you feel you’re in the right job, does it come naturally to you and are you still enjoying it?
    🙂

MSP

I expect like many, I like what my job is supposed to be, but in reality feel stifled by bureaucracy and management processes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Naturally gifted at it, it pays well, I get great feedback and I always get my bonuses.

Wish it involved being active and outside though.

Actually, sod it, I want to be shouting at fat people…

binners

Yeti – are you a fluffer?

mintimperial

Depressingly enough, yes, I am naturally gifted at doing boring spreadsheets. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Only for the love of it Binners. Doesn’t pay enought to keep me in Louboutins.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I reckon I’m pretty well suited to my job (I’m a photographer, and I run music workshops/gigs/festivals mostly with young people). I even sometimes get payed to play music. 😀

I don’t earn a fortune but I don’t have to work all that much either.

weeksy

yeah, i’m a nerd, i have an ability to remmeber dull and useless piece of information with ease 🙁

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Yes I am naturally gifted at what I do, it’s still shit though.

alex222
    Free Member

no

cheese@4p

Yeah, sweet FA

ibnchris

Yeah, but I just quit. Since the job market is so bouyant at the moment I thought I’d have a little poke around and see if there was something more interesting that I have no experience of doing.

Feels pretty good weirdly…

Keva
    Free Member

some aspects of it yes, others not so.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, meeting overseas customers who are accustomed to being cheated and robbed and convincing them my company isn’t going to do the same.

(Ironically, if we did cheat them most would never know.)

kiwijohn

Don’t know about gifted, but I like what I do & I think I do it well.

(Winemaker)

ton

i can talk the legs off a donkey……..which helps in my job a a counter sales person.

spacemonkey

Some aspects, yes. Some aspects, not so much.

I’m one of those that takes pride in my work though. Therefore I like to know what the competition are doing and what other tools/apps/models/philosophies/skills/etc are available so I can utilise them in some way.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Yes and yes.

In fact, I often forget that I even get paid for my labours of love and it always comes as a surprise when my bank balance grows at the end of each month.

Oh, hang on a minute 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Let’s see:

Pedant? Yes
    Like words? Yes
    Averagely clever? Yes
    Risk taker? No
    Pain in the a-se? Yes

Ideally suited to being a lawyer….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve seen your floors deadly, you’d think you’d have the sense to put the kitchen cabinets in first!

solarpowered
    Free Member

I absolutely adore my job and have done so for the past 13 years! Got an honors degree first and then decided to ignore that bit and do something i was interested in – havn’t looked back!
    Working with animals every day…bliss!

We are soooo lucky aren’t we 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

Not exactly, but I don’t mind it, and I don’t find it particularly difficult.. challenging, but not difficult.

transporter13
    Free Member

Like being outdoors in all weather – check
    Like driving – check
    Like listening to music – check
    Fat lardy git – check

I’m an lgv driver who mooches up and down our lovely quiet motorways during the night so you lovely people can get your groceries every day

rocketman
    Free Member

If the job involves doing fa other than living on bike-related websites and planning the next ride then yes I’m gifted

binners

I love colouring stuff in, me! And now I’m older, I remember to put the tops back on my felt tips, and everyfink

chewkw
    Free Member

No, but just get on with it …

kcal

pretty much, yes. not sure about talented, but s/w developer / tester seems to suit me quite well. from school really, have felt “this is for me”.

to the point where these moments where you think of jacking it all in, I usually come to the conclusion I’d be crazy to do that..

toby1

I’m not sure – what is it I do again?

GrahamS

I’m not sure – what is it I do again?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvikRqsNZ5k[/video]

user-removed
    Free Member

Hope so! Followed a dream (led by a unicorn up the spiral rainbow*) about ten years ago and trained to be a photographer. Still doing it, still paying the mortgage and still loving it 🙂 Half price family portraits this month with a free A4 print! Roll up, roll up!

*might have dreamed the bit about the unicorn and rainbows.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are they a pretty family?

Stoner
    Free Member

yes, very much so.

I make this look easy!
    Wait, what’s that? you mean it IS easy?

oops….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes thanks I am.

toby1

Well I spend a lot of time on here GrahamS, so I assume I work in IT right?

Actually it is true 😳

King-ocelot
    Free Member

All I need to do is draw pretty pictures and then help others try and draw as prettier. Occasionally a story board is thrown in.

Kuco

I expect like many, I like what my job is supposed to be, but in reality feel stifled by bureaucracy and management processes.

+1
    A lot also goes out to contract that we could still do 🙁

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I suspect I might actually be better suited to exams and learning than I am to real work.

Id feel depressed about the amount of people her posting that they are exactly suited to their jobs, but I suspect many are just saying it to convince others and many to convince themselves.

How many people do you met who moan about other people being rubbish at work probably a good 70%.

It cant possibly work if the figure is above 50%.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I guess so. I’m doing audio and video stills/replays for live racing broadcast to betting shops/telly and it’s pretty easy and I enjoy it. I’ve always been into this sort of thing and pick it up really easily. Some people talk of stress and pressure in a live environment but I’ve never felt that.

Also I get to watch loads of tv in any down time whilst getting paid for it, which I’m good at.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘are you doing a job you're a naturally gifted at?’ is closed to new replies.