Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are you bored enough to – make the new Southern4X track and club amazing?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After the success of the Big Bike Bash (bikes and party) and the Southampton Bike Park (Bikes and jumps) I have now created Southern4X (bikes and racing)

I am a bit shy when it comes to self promotion and pushing my events and projects but if anyone thinks they could spare some money then it would be very much appreciated : https://gofund.me/0265b158

I have already managed to secure funding for a fleet of bikes and have start gates and on-site storage coming from the council so this is for all the other start up items a club needs when starting from scratch. Insurance, 1st aid kits, timing system, barriers, gazebo etc etc etc. Lots of relatively low cost items that soon add up to a big chunk of money.

We are trying to get people into this sport who might be barred by some of the costs, hence the hire/loan bikes, so we don’t want to immediately hammer the members for big fees. We also have t-shorts and hoodies for sale to help raise money. PM me if you are interested.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Clearly not 🙁

Jamz
    Free Member

Got the ball rolling!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thank!!! Hopefully you can get to the track and see the benefits. I can probably sort you out with some free stickers too 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Quick bump in case anyone is feeling generous on a sunny Bank Holiday Saturday

bearGrease

Made a small donation as anyone doing their bit for grass roots sport is a star. Too far away for us but good luck!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thank you so much. It really makes a difference. I chucked £500 in to kick start the project but can’t fund it all myself.

jkomo

How the heck do you have time for this, along side your other ‘work’ anyhow, donated.
    I also have some knee pads I bought that I don’t much like, and haven’t worn. Would they be any use?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thankyou for the donation.

If you are near Southampton i am sure we can make use of the pads. Pm me if you like

jkomo

I’m a couple hours away, but would love to visit and I’ll bring all my unused body armour.
    Never had a play on a pump track.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The council haven’t build the pump track yet, but it has gone into planning permission stage with my recommended improvements apparently. This was originally scheduled for 2015, promised in 2018 and raised as a new idea, again, in 2022 so the council take longer than me to do these things.

I can offer you Southampton Bike Park which was running nicely today and there are 3 all weather tracks, so that rain does not stop play, as well as all the dirt tracks. This is jumps, stunts and a dual track. We also have Lordswood which can give a few hours of singletrack fun although it can be a touch muddy at times. Finally we have the 4X track which is almost up and running.

All of these are within about a mile of each other so easy to do them all in a day. I live about 500m from the Southampton Bike Park so you are welcome to park at mine and fettle your bike if required, just pm me first to make sure I am not doing other stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.