Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Are they on Singletrack?
  • bearnecessities

Probably done before, but sometimes I wonder to myself if a particular individual is on here, usually when chatting to some random work person about bikes.

What got me thinking today, was at the local beer garden having a sneaky pint in sun before home, I noticed a Marin FS leaning against the fence, and then some middle aged overweight chap supping a pint with a load of chums in 3/4s. All good.

I then noticed the slightly ridiculous baked bean cycling top, with quite a substantial belly. Again, not my business, so all good.

“I wonder if….”. Then thought no more about it.

A few minutes later, I noticed he was picking his nose at the same time as talking to his mates.

Not a subtle ninja-flick; there was some serious excavation going on.

He rooted around his nostrils with enthusiasm and leverage that I have never attempted, witnessed, or could barely believe.

He carried on his conversation still, whilst using his finger like he was trying to scratch his optic nerves, retracting only to check whether he’d mined something resembling a bogey, before re-entry.

This honestly carried on for a good 3 minutes, probably more, clearing around each nostril to such an extent I half expected his nose to detach from his face.

It was obnoxiousness to a level that made me decide he wasn’t on STW.

Therefore I have inferred some standard of person on here, without realising.

Am I naive, or would anyone here actually do that?!

Stoner
    Free Member

Sorry about that.
    WIll blow next time.

scaredypants

Was probably me, trying that “retrieve the durex” trick

– anyone got a decent pair of forceps ?

(edit: bah !!)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

pick my nose, yep.
    Ride a marin, **** off. 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sounds like me. But wasn’t.

jamj1974

Not me.

matt_outandabout

loddrik
    Free Member

Maybe he’d been on the lemo the night before..

Drac

I noticed a Marin FS leaning against the fence, and then some middle aged overweight chap supping a pint with a load of chums in 3/4s. All good.

Overweight, Marin and only supping a pint. Not me then.

footflaps

pick my nose, yep.
    Ride a marin, **** off.

+1

nbt

Apart from the marin, that sounds like Binners

patriotpro
    Free Member

3 out of 5.

I don’t ride a Marin or own a Baked-bean top.

camo16
    Free Member

This honestly carried on for a good 3 minutes

That has to be the most inefficient nose pickage I’ve come across, on STW or elsewhere. 😯 Serious man fail right there.

I’m partial to the odd excavation myself, but I reckon I can get both orifices empties out and spangly in less than 90 seconds.

Don’t own a Marin either and – ever since ‘the incident’ back in the day – can’t even drink beer. 😥

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Are they on Singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.