Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Are there any sexy looking 26" rigid forks?
  • MrPottatoHead

I’m looking for some rigid forks that look similar to the Niner carbon or On-one carber 29’er forks. Does anyone make anything similar for proper sized bikes?

pebble
    Free Member

DT SWISS

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think my Salsa Cromotos are lovely looking things.
    The Niners are lovely though but like you say, not for proper wheels…

MrPottatoHead

Agreed DT Swiss are nice, but not sexy. They don’t look a million miles from the other generic carbon forks. Where’s the splash of colour?

Tom83

These aren’t terrible looking. Right wheel size too 😉

andrewh
    Free Member

Have a look at the Trigons, nice and light too.
    A large crown though so if you are worried about asthetics they go best with an integrated headset, like this http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/winter-training-on-right-bike.html Click picture to make bigger
    They can look a little off with a normal headset, but still fine IMO, like this http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/my-bike-is-in-ruins.html
    Mine are 3 years old and showing no signs of wear at all. Quite a short a-c so a bit sharp on the steering but that’s how I like it, I think different lengths are available.
    Ideally I would like some sans graphics, I’m not sure about sanding carbon myself though…

MrPottatoHead

Quite liking the look of the Mosso’s – anyone tried any?

Any idea on the length of the Trigons? Website suggests only 405mm which seems a bit on the short side.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Anyone who finds a rigid fork sexy needs serious counselling 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of the Trigons on my old commute bike (the only 26″ bike I still own) and they’ve been very good. Stupidly light (c.500g) and faultless to date. I think they look good as well even in the v-brake/disc version I run.

I seem to recall they were exactly the same as the Ritchey ones that retailed for around 3 times more.

djflexure

on one 26er carbon
    Don’t know if you have seen these. I just picked up a set off here as they are out of stock.

Northwind

Hylix- quite handsome, bit over-stickered though.

IMG_1731 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Kryton57

I like the look of that for my SS Northwind, the On – one forks look to me like they are on backwards.

Where do you get the Hylix from?

teasel
    Free Member

bit over-stickered though

‘s okay – my attention is drawn away to the downtube for some reason…

trickydisco
    Free Member

ouch

http://forums.mtbr.com/weight-weenies/hylix-ebay-carbon-29-29er-fork-727649-2.html

trailrat from STW

Almost a year later and it seems my steerers gone soft

Was raci at 10 under the ben and my fork started to make some very nasty noises

And the steerer was flexing badly even with the stem slammed ( ive had carbon steerers before on road bikes and had nothing like this )

Ive ridden it mostly ss and it ges alot of grunt but no excuse

No visible damage but it didnt flex like this before nore creak at all

I suspect ive done internal damage to the layup. How ever im not willing to find out with my teeth , they are being retired

Looking at a steel genisis fortitude fork to replace it.

Northwind

Ebay… I’m not going to recommend them yet as I’ve only ridden them twice and they’re so light that I want to build up a little trust with them! But they certainly seem good. Good tyre clearance too, that’s a 2.5 and it’s still got miles of room. Not as massive as an Exotic but then I reckon I could have fitted a motorbike tyre in there.

Trailrat had a set and broke ’em, but didn’t seem too upset about them. Couple of other breaks on t’internet but also lots of happy users (also seems to be mostly steerers cracked in the middle, which is much less bad than at the crown!)

rewski
    Free Member

Lots: White bros rock solids, kenesis, syncros FLs, pro.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Are there any sexy looking 26" rigid forks?’ is closed to new replies.