Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Are Royal Mail OK to send shocks with now?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Need to send my air shock off and don’t really have any guidance as to who to send it with..

PiknMix
    Free Member

Just sent some air forks with parcel force and couldn’t see air shocks on the prohibited item list. I asked when I went in to the post office if they were ok to send, and they were.

Poopscoop

Yep, I sent some Pikes via parcel force a few weeks back.

I let air out of forks and packaged them really well and all was good.

postierich
    Free Member

Yes shocks are fine!!!!

scaredypants

have they actually changed their policy then ?

anyone got a link ?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Use Parcel but will cost £11 odd with insurance for £100 or if you want to insure it for more send it Royal Mail special delivery then you are covered for £500 to £1000 and its cheaper just say its a cycle part don’t go into to much details and rap it up well then theres no problem.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No they have not changed there policy and no most mail centres don’t have X-ray machines like lots of things these days theres always a way.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Sent my shock to tf tuned via special delivery this week… no problem at all

scaredypants

No they have not changed there policy and no most mail centres don’t have X-ray machines like lots of things these days theres always a way.

still a lottery/percentages game then 😕

PiknMix
    Free Member

They verbally confirmed in the post office that they were fine to send with Royal Mail.

scaredypants

No offence to your local office but unless something has changed (and is in writing), I wouldn’t trust them at all

Course, the majority will go without problems but I suspect the possibility remains that they’ll take it & sell it

monkeyboyjc

Compressed gas is still on the prohibited items list…..
    Ill check in the morning to see if we have a barcode for sending it, but personally I’d use an alternative. It also includes all aerosols.

This one amuses me ‘Electronic items containing any batteries exceeding 100Wh’ so all mobile phones then – which get sent all of the time!! Generally it seems that if you pay the extra for recorded or special delivery, the royal mail rule book gets forgotten about.

I’ve only once had someone look at the list when sending a parcel (without a look of indeferance) and say “yes” – and they were sending arrow shafts (no tips or flights) but still classed as a ‘wepon’….

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If its well rapped up in box no ones knows and are not really bothered send it in a jiffy bag and you can almost feel what it is then you get into problems worse things are those 🙂 BLOODY toys that keep beeping and talking they scare you more 😆

alric
    Free Member

just bought a shock from someone that swore the post office wouldnt take it.
    had to go to the other side of zamboanga to collect it.
    couldnt finda courier to pick it up evenings either
    also its £7 now to park in Avebury for half an hour for a quick walk around the stones. So I found out you cant walk up Silbury hill these days, let alone take the bike up there
    Wish this post was here last week!

scaredypants

FWIW, I wouldn’t send you a shock via RM unless you specifically wrote beforehand that you understood the (small) risk and would still pay in full if the parcel was removed by RM due to their safety rules

Greybeard
    Free Member

Electronic items containing any batteries exceeding 100Wh’ so all mobile phones then

I don’t think phone batteries will be as high as 100Wh. Typically they are up to 5000mAH, which at 3.7v is less than 20Wh.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Are Royal Mail OK to send shocks with now?’ is closed to new replies.