Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Are Maverick still trading ?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Unable to link to the site for some technical no how on some sc32,s but its saying site broken/down anyone know?

singlespeedstu

Looks like they’re finished for now.

http://forums.mtbr.com/maverick/maverick-moves-762863.html

SidewaysTim

As of right now no one is able to say what will happen. Paul Turner has bought the company back and I believe he will try to license the designs he owns. That was always his plan and maybe now it will be easier to achieve.

We are still able to service forks and rear shocks, but a lot of small parts will no longer be available.

postierich
    Free Member

Bugger! Tim managed to pop a seal in the left leg after a weekends ride.do not know the cause but is it ok just to push the seal back on(which I have done) and reuse or will I need a new seal.Oh and how much fluid in the left leg is it 15ml?

Ta Rich

SidewaysTim

Clean it up, let all the air out, take the leg out, clean inside the seal head and bush. Put the seal back in, put the leg back in, add a few ml of oil (about 5 is fine if you regularly service them) and *important bit* compress the leg before you screw the valve back in.

With the SC32 the spring/disc leg needs to be compressed to stop the seal from being pushed out by air pressure in the outer leg under big hits.

3dots
    Free Member

please keep panic and get rid of mavs. i am here to recycle them for free 😉
    best would be ml8 for less than loddrik sold.

posterich: on http://forums.mtbr.com/maverick/ you can find why left leg seal pops out and how to repair it. if you need file_15.pdf (fork service guide) i can send it.

postierich
    Free Member

Bugger after replacing the leg and checking the forks I have noticed this on the other leg!
    Still ok to ride? 🙁

Bugger broken dropout! by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

oooooo, unlucky.

I assume the drop out is bonded to the stanchion? Its not a replacement part is it?

SidewaysTim

Definitely not! You need a new dropout cup or stanchion. Please don’t ride it you might actually lose your front wheel/die/get bum raped etc…

3dots
    Free Member

one reason of popping:
    “That sounds to me like the air spring is leaking slightly which means air is getting into the main chamber, resulting in the seal being pushed out. I had exactly the same problem, and it was easily fixed by replacing the O-ring at the top of the air spring.” – from mtbr

broken dropout is worse, it is bonded, you need stanchion. either buy new or buy used mav forks for spare parts with good stanchion (as i did).

postierich
    Free Member

have another set of forks on another bike so will swop, will need a link pdf to the fork servicing anyone got one?

Will not ride Tim !

SidewaysTim

Give me a call in the morning, I might have a stanchion kicking about. Deffo got new, maybe used.
    Scored or worn air chamber can pop seals too. Needs a proper looking at.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll be selling an ML7 and DUC32s in a week or so….

3dots
    Free Member

here is archived web page http://web.archive.org/web/20080517041111/http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/Manual_PDFs
    but seems wayback machine has problem with bigger pdfs

PhilChap

I have the service pdf Rich, will dig it out tomorrow and mail it over.

SidewaysTim

I have a new stanchion if you want it Rich.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I downloaded the service PDF’s from the site last week, just in time by the look of it.

postierich
    Free Member

Dibbs sheldon or Tim just having a mess around with them and taken the damper apart how do you “cycle” and pressurise the damper and where the **** is the schader valve?
    P1170128 by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    😳

PhilChap

emailed you the pdf today Rich, still playing tomorrow?

postierich
    Free Member

Yes I am playing tomorrow are you the wrong person to ask about the question above?

PhilChap

I cant see a big hammer, pipe wrench and mole grips. I think that’s your problem.
    It’s a while since I had mine in bits so I would trust the pdf more than my memory. I can pop round and assist if needed sometime. They are fairly straightforward though.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got all the service guides etc for DUC’s. If you want them, just shout.

postierich
    Free Member

Looking @ the pdf but its not that clear or it might just be me!

boblo
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

The thread on the other forum looks like it might be fun with that guy kicking off and spouting!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Also, try Craig Simpson: simpsonscycleservices@gmail.com
    For service/parts/advice on Mav’s. He’s seen me right in the past with used parts.

In fact, someone was selling a batch of new SC32s on fleabay for £175 each recently…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Are Maverick still trading ?’ is closed to new replies.