Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Are all pregnant women nuts?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Genuine question… do they all go a little mad when the hormones rage in pregnancy? Maybe its just me, but MrsT is just mad as a march hare and I need to know if its me (cue comments that it is ;))?

allthepies
    Free Member

Just normal personality characteristics but with the dial turned up to 11.

akira

Ssssssh! They’ll hear you.
    Actually the wife never got particularly mental.

jekkyl

You wait till baby turns up, your wife will never be the same again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Dont think pregnancy has much to do with it. Love them but they are tough to read sometimes.

johnellison
    Free Member

Are all pregnant women nuts?

Yes. You needed to ask?

Harry_the_Spider

It doesn’t stop once the kids are born.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have a daughter by an ex from years ago, now she was a certifiable loon, so when the dial went up to 11 it was a mad house. I have independant statements signed that she was a loon and it wasnt me. I was starting to question my choices, starting to wonder if it was down to me choosing loons… last night the cost of a bike part came up during the argument about money, the number of bikes in the garage then arose and I’m starting to think about hiding the keys to the garage or storing the bikes offsite somewhere 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I finished my Pringles last night, I can’t eat another tube just yet, but if I pop out now for a creame doughnut will you hold fire on the conversation??
    Ta 😆

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The missus is 5 months along and even she described herself as a “hormonal bag of shit”

If you add to that gestational diabetes that is properly getting her down and all the aches and pains that go along with it then I can really blame her. I learned bloody quickly not to moan that she was in a bit of a mood (did it once, massive mistake)

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

So far, my wife has been, if anything a little sweeter and easier going than usual. More tired and much more hungry but not mental at all. Two months to go yet though.

Pook

It gets worse.

wilko1999
    Free Member

In my experience women tend to be massively exaggerated versions of their normal selves when pregnant.

khani
    Free Member

Pregnant women.. 😯
    ‘Run awaaaaaayyyy’

compositepro
    Free Member

In my experience women tend to be massive

yunki
    Free Member

Mrs Yunki was fairly easy going thinking about it

Be supportive, be Superman, but don’t get in her face or wrap her in cotton wool..
    Be there and be not there.. Do stuff at the drop of a hat but don’t be a doormat..

Support and encourage and empathise and sympathise but don’t patronise or smother, or imagine that you can understand for a second

In fact thinking back, it’s probably easier if you just take off for a year or two and pay a neighbour to come in and feed her and clean her litter tray

mrblobby
    Free Member

What Yunki said! And every now and again it’s probably a good idea to ask questions about your unborn child. I tend to forget. Don’t think most blokes really think much about it until the baby actually arrives.

bencooper
    Free Member

Don’t think most blokes really think much about it until the baby actually arrives.

True – it’s abstract for 9 months, then suddenly you’re handed this baby.

bruneep

Think its bad now just wait until the birth, Mrs B had me by the throat calling ME all the names under the sun for getting her pregnant.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

hehe… I have a daughter who is 9/10 maybe its one of those mind tricks where you carefully forget the bad times and memories are seen through rose tinted glasses.. I dont remember it as being THIS bad then.

kimbers

to be honest my good lady wife was a bit more chilled when pregnant
    she didnt get morning sickness or anything either

a few ups and downs but its a clear 9 months with no visit from Aunt Flow which is nice

hot_fiat

Mine just became incredibly tired, clumsy, a tad forgetful and baby shopping obsessed.

Just wait to the last few weeks when they start properly nesting. Bolt down anything you don’t want “tidied”.

7 weeks in and it’s all great. She’s still clumsy, forgetful and baby shopping obsessed. I’m too knackered to notice if she’s tired or not. I just assume that she feels worse than me.

Oh and go to bed right now. In fact, if you have any sense you’ll be asleep already. For an insight into sleep patterns check out my posting times since the end of August.

hooli

yes

wrecker
    Free Member

MrsW is 6 months along and mad as a badger.
    7 day turnaround on outbursts. Anger, tears etc etc. Even the dog gets some. Sunday is now my riding day. Feel a bit guilty about leaving the dog, but hey ho.

loddrik
    Free Member

Mine was fine whist pregnant, though she’s only small and found lugging all that extra weight around pretty tough so she was usually too tired to yell at me.

Unlike now….

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Are all pregnant women nuts?

Yes, they are. And I don’t blame them for it. I’d be nuts if I put myself through that. Hats off to women who can do it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, certainly seems to be the case. They’re also spectacularly good at forgetting things too

toys19
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    You wait till baby turns up, your wife will never be the same again.

This ^^^^^ in spades..

acidchunks

The mother of my unborn (due April)is a level headed lass most of the time so I’ve not had to deal with too much insanity apart from the occasional crying session.

Although one night last week after I’d cleaned the kitchen, done a load of laundry, made her numerous cups of tea and cooked her dinner (all whilst she’d been sat on the sofa doing nowt) she asked why I was being horrible to her…. 😕

boxfish
    Free Member

My missus gorged on Jaffa Cakes. It was ace.

hatter

Yeah, they are gloriously random, snugly and loved up one minute and blowing their lids because you’ve had the nerve to wash up a glass they ‘were using’ the next.

… and then they get pregnant.

*sigh*

pymwymis
    Free Member

Think its bad now just wait until the birth, Mrs B had me by the throat calling ME all the names under the sun for getting her pregnant.

Bruneep, so who should it have been ?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Don’t think most blokes really think much about it until the baby actually arrives.
    True – it’s abstract for 9 months, then suddenly you’re handed this baby.

This is how I feel – 5 months in and while interested, it doesn’t get anywhere near filling my head with continuous thought.

Was worried it was just me but turns out every dad and expectant dad I spoke to feels/felt the same. phew.

sure it’ll all change soon!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

ps mine is a bit more emotional/hormonal than normal, so just have to remember to not take things to heart as you’ll be king of the universe a few hours later without having perceivably done anything different!

toby1

I assume you, OP were involved in the decision to have a baby, personally that make me think you are just as ‘Bat excrement crazy’ as any pregnant lady!

hora
    Free Member

OP yep. My missus dialled 999 as I wouldnt let the dog in. Thankfully the two responding officers ignored the new automatic-arrest procedure.

Why did you call then hang up?
    He wouldnt do what I was telling him

😆

flowergirl
    Free Member

Joe
    You kept that quiet! Congratulations!
    You must be mad, but congrats!!
    Debs x

daveh
    Free Member

You’re just at the start of the rollercoaster, you know, the bit where you’re clunking your way to the top, building anticipation, some strange noises, fear. Labour is the bit where you head over the edge. You’re strapped in now so enjoy it, weeeeeee! Worry not though, it’ll be all over in 18 to 23 years (probably). 😀

popstar
    Free Member

Pregnant lady obviously will be more irritated due to extra inconvinience and her hormones could play up too. You should understand this and not blame her. If you see tantrum just dismiss that bs, let her steam get off.

Tell her that you can forgive her unacceptable behaviour and that you are more concerned about wellbeing of a baby rather her temporary discomfort. There is no need to be doormat just because she is pregnant, but at times you have to give in too.

My wife wouldn’t clown about with tantrums as I wouldn’t take that too serious. There are more important things to worry about, quality sleep, massage after hard day and beautiful things women like to hear.

People are different, so it may not work well with mentally unstable ones … but then you do get early sign message of being with a nutter.

If she is one of those mental cases and behaved like that through pregnancy, you made wrong choice … your baby will be unstable and shouty too. Kiss good bye to your peaceful sleep.

😀

fizzicist
    Free Member

Yes.

They’re all mental.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Are all pregnant women nuts?’ is closed to new replies.