Home Forums Chat Forum Ard rock camping sold out

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Ard rock camping sold out
  • lbizzle123
    Free Member

Just been on to book camping for ard rock and it’s sold out along with the parking tickets. There’s a group of 4 of us travelling up for the sport in the Sunday and we’re unsure if we were going to camp or go up on the day. After finding out or start time is 8am and we’d have to be there at 7.30, then the biggest obstacle of getting the ok of all our wives we decided last week to camp. Went to book this morning and it’s saying it’s sold out.

Anyone else in the same position or have any experience of this in previous years? Last time we got a entry in 2017 we drove up on the day and there were plenty of people with tents next to there cars in the parking field across the road. Wondering if we could do this if we just turn up, or find alternate camping, or get up at 4am?

Thanks in advance

timbog160
    Free Member

Is it not just the family camping that’s sold out?

timbog160
    Free Member

Edit: sorry no you’re right – I bought mine the other day so must have got one of the last tickets!

martinhutch

Couple of nice sites up the valley. Might be better in terms of showers/loos anyhow.

andybrad

i imagine that theres going to be a lot of confusion at the gates this year.

duncancallum

Try ukcampsite n look for other options.

Is just getting bigger n booking up faster

StuE
    Free Member

I can recommend Usher gap campsite, stayed there a few times,good shower block and nice pub 10 minute walk away
    https://www.ushagap.co.uk/

yoshimi

Well I’ve definitely messed up – I assumed when I bought mine and the wifes tickets that it just automatically included parking/camping – not sure what to do now

fathomer

Balls, didn’t realise you had to book parking ffs. Anyone got any idea where I might be able to leave the car on the Friday/Saturday?

ayjaydoubleyou

How can they not have either camping or day parking for everyone? Didn’t realise you had to book for the free parking until now – and its “sold” out

yoshimi

Actually turns out going through my emails that I have bought a camping ticket £36 for the 2 of us (was it not meant to be free?)

I must have been in a daze throughout all booking of this stuff

footflaps

Used to be free parking on the central green in Reeth, probably pay and display now. Possibly park there….

fathomer

The camping I can half see but to not have enough parking! I’ll have to try in Reeth then, though I can see an awful lot of cars being abandoned on grass verges to piss the locals off!

Doesn’t help that I asked for an early start on the Saturday, to be given an 11.10am start.

muffinmenace
    Free Member

@yoshimi

Didn’t they email out that all previous bookings were cancelled? I recall something happened where refunds were issued but the original email has a dead link so I’ve no idea now! I was emailed 2nd of April about it.

yoshimi

I didn’t book until 12th April

Can someone confirm that for those actually riding/entered in the event that camping is still £6 per person per night extra. Looking at the website, I think it is

StuE
    Free Member

Everyone who booked camping when they entered had their money refund after people complaining about the cost,you then had to re-book at the lower price, it was all a bit of a shambles

StuE
    Free Member

£6.00 per person per night is correct

yoshimi

I do remember something about it all being a mess – I’m guessing the £36 Ive paid for both of us is right then – I’m just glad I didn’t leave it this late to try and get sorted

footflaps
    yoshimi

Cheers StuE

And to those entred and can’t get camping/parking – gutted for you, doesn’t seem right

fathomer

Thanks @footflaps that’ll have to do providing there’s space. Again, I think they’ll be plenty of pissed of locals with people dumping cars all over the place.

StuE
    Free Member

I booked an extra night yesterday so it must have only just sold out

dlr

Parking was £10 on the day last year for non competitors which was a bit of a shock but ok as I got free demos out of it. Was heading down again but can’t now if parking is full?!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Guess work obviously but, given people saying they booked yesterday and that it’s now Monday off the event week, my money would be on there being space but that presale is now closed and it’ll be first come first served /pay on arival.

jaylittle
    Free Member

They think that all the camping pitches will be full but if you are lucky enough to get one on the day the price increases to £10pppn.

PrinceJohn

Doesn’t help that I asked for an early start on the Saturday, to be given an 11.10am start.

That happened to me – conveniently they don’t give out the start times until after the refund period lapses.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

conveniently they don’t give out the start times until after the refund period lapses.

To be fair, that’s probably the same point in time as you can assume you’re not going to have to rewrite the list lots of times

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah, I put ‘hoping to make it round’ or whatever it was on the entry like last year when we started at 8.15ish and finished about 15.00 ish. This year 11.20. I suspect I’m going to struggle to make it around this year before the 17.30 cut off. I emailed to ask and was told the computer allocated the times and there was nothing that could be done other than go and beg on the day.

seanr
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the cut off too much, had friends last year that started late and didn’t finish till after that time. Think its mainly to stop people sitting in the pub all day after stage 2….

duncancallum

I hit heavy traffic on the sport. Got back after 6. Some queues where 45min

ayjaydoubleyou

not what I wanted to hear, when did you start?

bigfoot
    Free Member

camping is showing as available to me, but i just want parking which is showing sold out at the moment

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

camping is showing as available to me, but i just want parking which is showing sold out at the moment

They must have reopened it – i’ve just gone on and booked having had a panic today (and some unhelpful emails from the organisers along the lines of ‘we’ll try to fit you in’).

bigfoot
    Free Member

its a bit of a farce if they don’t have enough parking for the people who have actually paid to race. i only live just over an hour away and i’m not really into the festival side of it so only want parking while i ride friday and saturday. camped last year and we spent most of friday night sat drinking in the camping field but as none of my mates got in this year not bothering with that.

lbizzle123
    Free Member

Cheers guys just been back on and booked the camping after reading it was back up on here. Does actually say camping and parking tickets on the receipt so I presume we won’t be charged extra for parking. Good luck in the race everyone and have fun. Should definitely be a better system in place to avoid so much congestion on the sections but the trails are sooo good I can’t wait. Fingers crossed the weather improves and all the rain is out of the way before the weekend. Cheers guys thanks

jaylittle
    Free Member

Now that they have reopened camping tickets you could just buy a nights camping and use it to park your car if required.

richardkennerley

not what I wanted to hear, when did you start?

I started after 11 last year, can’t remember exact time. There was big queues for stage 1+2, I thought it looked bad, but then it started to thin out and the queues were only a few minutes at the rest of the stages.

I put hoping to make it round every time and my start times have been totally different every time. I guess they like a selection of abilities in each starting group.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I started after 11 last year, can’t remember exact time. There was big queues for stage 1+2, I thought it looked bad, but then it started to thin out and the queues were only a few minutes at the rest of the stages.

That was my experience. Even for stage 1 and 2 the queues weren’t a problem (though would be different in the cold/wet).

Start times seem utterly random – our group of 4 applied together and have starts varying from 8am to 1130

footflaps

and now cancelled due to severe flooding….

deadkenny
    Free Member

All gone a bit tits up this year. Everyone got random tickets based on whatever they could get as they sold out fast. Rules changed on camping, but left it late to check the weather, then camping was sold out last week so ended up booking Travelodge (Prem Inn sold out, at least the nearby one), but then camping was available again after people asked about it. So booked camping anyway with option for Travelodge in case it pisses it down.

Checking weather and thinking it doesn’t look too bad and clearer at the weekend so might be chancing it going Thur camping.

And then Reeth gets washed away!

Understandable cancelling though and hope everyone is safe. Feel bad for the community having to deal with that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Ard rock camping sold out’ is closed to new replies.