Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Apparently the streets should be awash with the blood of innocents…
  • jock-muttley

Full quote and link to the article

‘streets awash with the blood of innocents as a horde of demonically-possessed roleplayers laid waste to the country’

Clicky Clicky to BBC article

So were you itching to run amok in the general populous with a battle axe all in the name of satan after you played D&D?

ninfan
    Free Member

I would have been, but then someone started selling video recorders, so I ended up itching to run amok amongst the general populous with an M60 whilst carrying a survival knife with a fishing kit and compass in the handle instead!

brassneck

Nah, just started playing World of Warcraft. Which is arguably worse.

footflaps

I would have been, but then someone started selling video recorders, so I ended up itching to run amok amongst the general populous with an M60 whilst carrying a survival knife with a fishing kit and compass in the handle instead!

Good call!

CountZero

The only time I was inclined to run amok was when some jackass offed my high-level Halfling thief!
    Cost a fortune in healing spells to get the little git back!
    I do remember the moral panic about this, real Daily Wail, run around in circles shrieking kind of hysteria.
    Utter bollocks, but no different to the crap spouted about Emo kids, heavy metal kids, etc.
    Call Of Cthulu was much more harrowing as a player; absolute guarantee that your player would die before the end of the game.
    Great fun!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Nah, I’m more of the listening to Marilyn Manson and shooting up schools generation.

racefaceec90

these guys wouldn’t take no (beep) [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw[/video]

for the record i would love to play d & d but never found anyone to play with (so to speak 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

So were you itching to run amok in the general populous with a battle axe all in the name of satan after you played D&D?

That’s always been my general inclination anyway. No need for D&D….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Apparently the streets should be awash with the blood of innocents…’ is closed to new replies.