Home Forums Chat Forum App for Radio or Clean versions of Songs?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • App for Radio or Clean versions of Songs?
  • oikeith

Thank you to Kerrang Radio, the toddler has grown a liking for some alternative music, one such example being Limp Bizkit My Way, however Apple Music only carries the original expletive version, I cant find a radio or clean edit so am resorting to YT when at home and a No when in the car.

Does anyone know of any other apps which carry clean or radio edits of songs? I’ve been told by a Spotify user they have the same issue .

zilog6128

go old school. tape it off the radio :)

mattyfez

Can you just stream ‘regular’ free radio stations, for example: https://www.radio-uk.co.uk/radio/metal-153

Theres a bunch of metal stations on there, but I dunno how ‘clean’ they are in terms of editing out swear words, etc. so you might have to pre-audit the sort of content they stream.

nickjb
    Free Member

go old school. tape it off the radio :)

It’s very easy to extract music from YouTube. Loads of websites to do it. Paste in the YouTube address and out pops an mp3

Stick em on your phone, play it in the car

squirrelking
    Free Member

Spotify has a filter for E marked songs (settings > content, took 2 seconds to find) would be surprised if other apps don’t. Either that or edit your playlist and keep Cuntry Boner for your own time.

mattyfez

Or just stream free digital radio, I honestly dunno why eveyone is so obsessed with Spotify and other morraly corrupt subscription models.

I’m curently rocking out to a bit of AC/DC on https://classicmetalradio.net/

scotroutes

am resorting to YT when at home

Isn’t that the answer to your own question?

thebunk

There are loads of versions on Apple Music, one of them must be toddler friendly. Theres a setting somewhere to filter out explicit content. This version censors sh*t but leaves in piss :facepalm: https://music.apple.com/us/album/my-way/1440842682?i=1440843064&uo=4&app=music

There’s even a lullaby version but I had to stop looking & listen to Portishead for several hours to get my carefully curated recommendations algorithm back on track.

petefromearth

Spotify has a filter for E marked songs

I find this just skips the song, rather than replaces it with a clean version

That would be a handy feature

submarined
    Free Member

Yup, Spotify. My 11 year old is of a similar musical leaning and has his own Spotify account. When using mine for the car the other day he was blown away by how many songs Blink 182 and Alkaline Trio had actually made.

defblade
    Free Member

Nazareth/ Hair of the Dog must be missing its entire chorus!

fossy

Oh god….. roll back some years, but yeh, playing on-line original music wasn’t the radio edit with the kids.

No idea of the answer, but I pay little attention to lyrics these days – I shock myself, when I actually listen to songs that I like now, and the stuff I liked ‘then’.

Ball cocks to it, if it sounds good, it is….

fossy

White Lines was one – I never thought as a youngster to ‘look’ into the lyrics. Loved the song and still do. Get’s me doing a dodgy 80’s dad moves dance…

reeksy

Australian radio has no swear filter. My kids only know the explicit versions. You’re on a school run listening to “You **** me, I’m the best you ever had” or some such.

But weirdly the TV is much more conservative…

cookeaa

Kerrang Radio…. Limp Bizkit…

Poor kid…

Anyway, I know you can enable swear filtering per-device with amazon music so I can play anything I like in the Garage but the boss insisted that the echo in the Kitchen excludes the rude words (that they’re probably very familiar with).

Trouble is that means paying for Amazon music (neither cheap or moral) but if you’re already giving money to Apple OP they must have swear filtering options…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.