• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone running Sektor Dual Position Coil or Solo Air forks?
  • carlos
    Free Member

As the title really, looking at the Sektor RL 150mm versions and after feedback on what they are like for the cash, what sort of riding do you do, how your getting on with them etc…

Thanks
    Carl

carlos
    Free Member

No one running either of these?

Mmmm, is that a good or a bad thing?

Back to trawling the web reviews

LoCo
    Free Member

Have sold quite a few all reports back were positive, the Dual position coil can also be converted to Uturn coil if you want more adjustment too, as well as a Revelation 150 mm Blackbox rebound assm. fitting too which gets them working really nicely, if you can find one that is as I’ve jsut sold the last one I had and they’ve been discontinued, so people have to buy the 2012 DNA mocos for damper upgrades. 😕

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks Simon. I am more tempted to give the Coils a go as some decent deals about atm, under £325 delivered, as I currently run 150mm Dual Air Rev’s (broke at the moment awaiting fixing, swap U-turn out for fixed as per e-mail to you)which will remian my first choice, with the Sektor poss going on a 2nd bike

Do you have any Dual Pos Coils in stock and can you match the price, instead of me lining the big guns pockets?

Looking at Black or White, Sektor 150mm RL, Dual Pos Coil, 20mm Maxel and how much extra for the DNA upgrade??

Ta
    Carl

wors

I have the solo airs (bought from loco) I think they’re great, simple, do the job, and cheap. What’s not to like?

daveagiles
    Free Member

Ive just ordered a set from here for just over £200:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a59911/sektor-rl-solo-air-130mm-black-maxle.html

Hope there good!

buttercup
    Free Member

Carlos.
    I have some coil ones for second hand if you want them. the 2012 version. QR.
    Used them on my bluepig for quite sometime, until I got an amazing mate rate on some pikes. Now they just sit around.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks Dave but want 150mm, likewise Buttercup but need 20mm Maxel

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wors +1

LoCo
    Free Member

Update on the Blackbox rebound damper assemblies, I’ve just had my 2012 Revelation RCT3s apart to strip everything and generally have a nose about inside.
    The 2012 rebound damper assembly as fitted to the Revelations is a Dual flow unit, similar to last years Blackbox unit and will fit in the Sektors, it’s the cheapest option for a performance upgrade as the RCT3 Moco is twice the price, although it’s a serious upgrade from last years RLT TI Moco unit.

yunki
    Free Member

quick thread hi-jack – sorry.. 😳

I’ve got 2011 dual position air revs RL Ti 150/120

Can I adjust the travel on these internally with spacers..?

tomglass20
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2011 solo air sektors in white 20mm Maxle 150mm travel for sale if any one is interested. In fantastic condition used for about 6 months bought from bike tart so not OEM one’s comes with manual and travel adjust spacers. Price £280 delivered message me for pics if interested

Kind regards

Tom

chrisdw
    Free Member

Is the RCT3 just the rebound unit? Or is it a completely new damper for 2012? If the latter, how does it compare to Blackbox?

Superficial
    Free Member

The RCT3 refers to the compression damper – it’s got different adjustment compared to the usual RS MoCo. I don’t know if the rebound assembly is different from the usual dual flow ones, and aside from adjustment I don’t know if the RCT3 offers better performance than the RLT. Hopefully LoCo can fill in the gaps.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yunki, no sorry.

Chris dw, the RCT3 refers to the rebound Compression Threshold 3position compression (open,threshold & lockout)

The DNA Moco, compression damper at the top the leg is completely new for thios year.
    The rebound damper is similar to last years Blackbox dual flow unit and is also dual flow so will work alot better tha the standard Moco fitted to the Sektors, on the packing down on reapeated ‘hits’ and general control over all.
    Both unit are tunable, I’m goin to bed the carts in over the next week or two in my Revelations and then start playing, I have a feeling the rebound deeper in the stroke is going to be a little to quick for me with the end of stroke rebound (the part of the stroke the external adjuster effects) adjusted to the correct level.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Are you able to retro fit the DNA moco in the sectors?

Like this?

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/rockshox-compression-damper-moco-dna-revelation-rlt-id66585.html

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes Dave that should fit, it’ll be cheaper from me though 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running Sektor Dual Position Coil or Solo Air forks?’ is closed to new replies.