Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone work in a "garden shed"
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ok, I know Brant has a shed for work but apart from him, anyone else use a shed as an office?

just looking with a thought to vacating the conservatory to a garden shed / office.

tips, pics, hints, recommendations most welcome, eg size for one plus desk, PC, printer, phone etc.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Yep. 10′ x 12′ summer house / shed. Insulated with celotex and double glazing. On the ring main giving ethernet over power line. Oil filled radiator for the winter.

Much prefer days working from home, get a lot more done.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Not an office but a studio.

I’m almost at the point where I can install some power.

kcal

gah! Work in an old outbuilding. When we got the house it was in pretty poor shape, just stored coal, garden stuff in it. Renovated and has bikes in one half, office in the other, even utilised the old dolly boiler chimney for a little stove..

cracking. can’t seem to find any photos of it that can share though.

Smudger666

Now I have shoffice envy mcmoonter!

I work from a 7 x 5 summer house from billy-o. It’s great – seriously great. I was working from the kitchen table but that meant the working day was dictated by school hours – no work till the kids gone and then work was a waste of time once they were home.

When I bought it, I was on a seriously tight budget so I was looking for cheap rather than spacious but I’ve actually come to like it a lot.

Billyoh shoffice

I’ve insulated the shed with 1″ king span – that’s the depth of the walls – and plasterboarded it, pApered and painted, power run from house and it’s grand.

I measured the hot desks down at head office and I actually have more room in the shoffice than the more local guys who hot desk.

Best three hundred quid I’ve spent for some time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work in a "garden shed"’ is closed to new replies.