Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone with a Salsa fliplock collar?
  • PJay
    Free Member

Do they have a steel or brass bushing between the QR arm and the collar? The pictures on the Salsa website give the impression that the QR pivots directly agains the aluminium of the collar which I'd imagine would wear fairly quickly if this were the case.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They don't and they do.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

mine isn't worn, but i'm not that impressed with it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A wee smidgin of grease on the shoulder makes it nice and smooth. Had mine for nearly 6 years on the Soul, and I'm a serial seat dropper, no probs.

akira

Bit of grease and they keep on going for ages, mine is a few years old.

Northwind

Mine is definately nicer than my Hope, right now, but I'm not convinced it'll stay that way.

alpin
    Free Member

got one on mine. covered in crap but still works fine. no plasticy bit between lever and body. drop of grease will be fine.

MrGreedy

Had one ages, it's much smoother in use than the Hope with a big brass bushing that I had previously. I wouldn't use anything else now, although like any QR it does benefit from a good clean every now and then to get rid of any grit.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Have tried loads of seatclamps, Hope, SantaCruz (old + new styles) generic ones that came with Marins, and Cove frames etc, etc.

Currently have a Salsa fliplock on one bike and it's better than the Hopes etc, but have recently bought a Chromag for the hardtail and it's the one I'd recommend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a Salsa fliplock collar?’ is closed to new replies.