Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Anyone with a lathe and 10 mins to spare? Anthem 29er content.
  • Andy

Hi All

I am trying to use a 2010 Rockshox Reba tapered fork on a 2012 Anthem X 29er. The tapered part of the fork steerer is the older 110mm long as opposed to the modern 80mm standard, and so is just too long (2-3mm) for the steerer tube. I have obtained a +5 mm 1.5″ crown race and need it modified slightly to fit the headset lower cup.

Is there anyone with a lathe and 15mins spare who could do this for me please? Happy to pay for your time with a nice bottle of something! 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Are you anywhere near Glasgow?

Andy

Hi Ben Reading, Berks, but could post it to you!

bencooper
    Free Member

Sure – Races I can manage, not sure I could fit an entire fork steerer in my lathe 😉

theotherjonv

make sure you spec accurately what you want out of this. he’ll fob you off with something different otherwise.

bencooper
    Free Member

The who the what now?

Andy

Ben ignore otherjonv he has just had his bollocks taken off and is a bit hormonal

Stoner
    Free Member

*Pours a glass of Oloroso…pulls up deck chair.*

theotherjonv

i didn’t mean ben, i meant him – he’ll promise you a bottle of something nice and then send you something from waitrose’s own brand bin end 😉

[and balls are still intact, just unplumbed ta very much. Is it true you fell off the wooden bridge on stickler last weekend? were your wheels too big for it or something?]

Andy

Ben its just the crown race that needs modified. It would be best if I sent you the race and the lower headset – I’ll take some pics tonight and email them to you! Many thanks

Andy

Oi Jon Leave my cornershop employer out of this (goes back to filling brussel sprouts)

(No worse than your supersize bulk causing the collapse of a perfectly good front wheel the week before)

Stoner
    Free Member

*necks glass of sherry, folds up chair*

False alarm.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sounds good – as long as I’ve got the parts that are meant to fit together, or accurate drawing to work from…

Andy

Yup – I’ll email you some photos tonight with a sketch. Cheers.

(Dont worry Stoner Jonv is just hormonal because I outed his thang for Kath Kidston on another thread 😉 )

theotherjonv

my supersize bulk! I didn’t realise this was going to get personal! And I’ve told you a dozen times, it’s the wife’s tablecloth, although the wipeclean surface is ideal for greasy fettling duties when the garage is too cold.

[actually it was my gnarr. How strong do you reckon those Sun Inferno rims on merlin are? ]

scud
    Free Member

Maybe Kath Kidson could do a handbag for you Jon and a 29″ wheel bag for Andy and you could duke it out on the Stickler bridge in a bitchfight.

Jon C could watch wearing some lovely primary colours as referee.

Paul W.

Andy

Kath Kidson wheel bags….hmmmm 8)

(the first useful thing you have suggested in years Whitlock)

soma_rich
    Free Member

Not another bike Andy! Whats wrong with the Turner???

Andy

Ben sorry cant see your email in your profile – would you mind emailing me at ahwrigley AT gmail DOT com. Thanks

Rich; n + 1 and all that 😳

theotherjonv

Jon C could watch wearing some lovely primary colours as referee

Green is not a primary colour. Although to be fair, green barely describes the horror of his shorts. That green is not so much a colour as a radioactive decay pathway.

And as for the bobble hat he had on on Monday night……

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben@kinetics-online.co.uk 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Done and in the post back to you:

Modifying a crown race…

Posted by Kinetics on Friday, November 23, 2012

I was getting annoyed with a Mikrokopter compass, so it was a welcome distraction 😉

Andy

That is awesome! 😀

Double awesome bearing (ahem) in mind that I posted it yesterday, so you only got it this morning!

LoCo
    Free Member

Hijack! :oops:, Hi Andy how’s the fsr link coming on?

Andy

The who the what now??? 😕

thomthumb
    Free Member

Green is not a primary colour.

sorry?

back to school. 😕

bencooper
    Free Member

This thread is definitely in the running for the “Most confusing thread about something simple” award…

granny_ring

Blimey that is good, what a helpful chap!
    Slight hijack, ben are you able to make 1.5″ adapters for a cyclus headset?
    Happy to pay for your time.

bencooper
    Free Member

For a headset press? I don’t see why not, but you must be able to buy them somewhere surely?

LoCo
    Free Member

What’s going on? where am I, who am I?! Sorry wrong person 😳 going to go back over to mumsnet now 😐

granny_ring

Last time I looked you couldn’t get them but I’ll have another look.
    If I cant I’ll email you ben cheers.

granny_ring

Yeah just seen that they do a separate 1.5″ press but as I already have a 1″ 1/8th press I was wondering if it would be possible fit an adapter to the existing press or not?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a lathe and 10 mins to spare? Anthem 29er content.’ is closed to new replies.